• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seriously, f*ck this team

wopphil

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

As much as the past 8 games mostly suck, it is a longggg season.   Feels good to not hold in the frustration though, realizing just how long the past five losing seasons were.

NO WAY I’m trading Trout!   Just ask the Marlins what happens in baseball when a superstar is traded for poorly scouted acquisitions.

It's not just last 8 games, it's the last 5 years of losing and nothing changing this year. What's going to change? In 2022 will need 4 new starters again and bullpen will need 8 new pieces. 

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

It's not just last 8 games, it's the last 5 years of losing and nothing changing this year. What's going to change? In 2022 will need 4 new starters again and bullpen will need 8 new pieces. 

I have no idea if things are going to change this year, but I do know that it is too early to say they won’t change.  

I think at this point we should just do a dedicated 2-3 year rebuild of our pitching staff. There are too many broken pieces to replace by next year. We'll have about $50 million (after Pujols and Upton's contracts expire) to get some top quality pitching on the free agent market, and there a couple promising prospects in our farm system. By the way, how is Detmers doing?

We can't keep signing reclamation projects to one-year deals and have them blow up in our faces. Enough of that!

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I think at this point we should just do a dedicated 2-3 year rebuild of our pitching staff. There are too many broken pieces to replace by next year. We'll have about $50 million (after Pujols and Upton's contracts expire) to get some top quality pitching on the free agent market, and there a couple promising prospects in our farm system. By the way, how is Detmers doing?

We can't keep signing reclamation projects to one-year deals and have them blow up in our faces. Enough of that!

And draft Ty Madden at #9.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Anyone shocked that Thaiss hasn’t been called up to run around CF with Trout out?  I mean Maddon played him at 2nd and LF for the first time ever on back to back days in major league games. 

I thought only travel squad players were eligible when on the road?

I've actually not been as disappointed in the pitching as I thought I would be. You can point to them having I think the 2nd worst team ERA right now, but they've had 2 games where they allowed 27 runs combined. That'll skew things in a small sample such as 18 games. Overall, I'd say the pitching has been decently average for the most part, and after what we've been seeing the last handful of years, decently average would be a massive step up. The main concern is the amount of walks they give up.

9 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Raisel Fuentes/Ernesto Iglesias is a flop so far!

Nice bullpen acquisitions, Perry!

Your off-season player acquisitions grade so far = a big fat D !

Things that will happen before this team has a good bullpen:

Politicians stop lying

Mencia develops his own comedy.

Jimmy Fallon stops breaking character.

The Orlando Magic wins an NBA title.

is this post from 2010?

16 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nice off-season bullpen acquisitions, Perry!

At least Billy could find relievers.

AO, we heard you the other 1,000 times, but Perry never has not and no matter how many times you post the same shit, he's never going to read it.