• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes Thread

Chuck

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

My point now is this halo bullpen needs help. The weakest part of this team and if not addressed Trout will not be in playoffs this year. Who is pitching 6th 7th and 8th inn

I mean Sandoval, Barria, Peña, Guerra, Slagers? All have shown good stuff both last year and this Spring. Having Rodriguez there is desperate. The guy has thrown now 11 total innings in 3 years. It's absurd to think they HAVE to put him in the pen. How about we let him work on being a starter in the minors for the first time...ever. 

7 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I mean Sandoval, Barria, Peña, Guerra, Slagers? All have shown good stuff both last year and this Spring. Having Rodriguez there is desperate. The guy has thrown now 11 total innings in 3 years. It's absurd to think they HAVE to put him in the pen. How about we let him work on being a starter in the minors for the first time...ever. 

I agree Rodriguez not ready yet. My hope he would be some miracle find this year for pen. Barria if out of options will end up in pen. I'm hoping someone or two step forward and become solid pieces in bullpen. Faria might be one maybe trade coming. I feel many options were out there and Minasian did not get one.

3 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

Lets see what CRod does next time out.  

Or we could take that a bit further: let the kid take his first steps towards learning the art of pitching over the next few months and not rush to judgement after each outing. Give him time to learn how to get the best out of his abilities and learn how to pitch to professional hitters that will make adjustments against him, and then we can begin to judge him over a body of work of a decent size. But for now, let's just enjoy his potential and leave the guy alone to grow.

16 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

My point now is this halo bullpen needs help. The weakest part of this team and if not addressed Trout will not be in playoffs this year. Who is pitching 6th 7th and 8th inn

Here’s the thing.

C-Rod has the pitch repertoire (4 plus pitches) and command of a MLB starter in about a year or so.

K-Rod never showed that through 2001.   He had the devastating slider and a solid enough heater, perfect for late innings relief.

A few things to mention, 

1. Rengifo and Barreto have looked really nice, hopefully one is able to breakout ot becomes a Super Ul

2. Lagares has won the backup Of spot and he deserves it

3. Quintana and Cobb both have shown improved Velocities, which is a postive and i am looking forward to them pitching

4. Walsh has been amazing and hopfully is the starting 1st base man (probably not). But he looks like the real deal

5. Rojas another dominating spring hopefully he get a shot. 

10 hours ago, rafibomb said:

There were questions whether Ohtani would be starting for the B-squad on Saturday so this is good news for everyone who wants to see him pitch on tv.

I think Ohtani needs the reps against other teams more than Heaney. Seems like that was part of Ohtani's struggle last year: He only faced his teammates and never pitched against real competition until the season. 

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

A few things to mention, 

1. Rengifo and Barreto have looked really nice, hopefully one is able to breakout ot becomes a Super Ul

3. Quintana and Cobb both have shown improved Velocities, which is a postive and i am looking forward to them pitching

4. Walsh has been amazing and hopfully is the starting 1st base man (probably not). But he looks like the real deal

Hope you're right about Lagares, but I wouldn't assume it's over:

A few things to mention, 

Every spring Rojas does more than enough to make team. Always sent back to minors, why no other team trades for him I do not understand. Be great fit for rebuilding team as a fill in for a year. I do not think he makes halo team so sad for him.

A few things to mention, 

I've been bullish on Rengifo for awhile.  He has a lot of talent and a good eye.  It's easy to forget but the dude is still super young - he just turned 24 last month.  I think he'll be a key contributor - perhaps more of a bench guy this year, but I would anticipate him being a starter by next year, or at least play in a lot of games all over the diamond.

Lagares has had a nice spring, and while I don't think he has won anything yet, he certainly is the best fit in that he's a natural backup for Trout.  We don't really have anyone else who can play CF.  Fowler can get by for a game or so, but not much more than that.

Cobb has been a pleasant surprise, albeit in a SSS.  His velocity is up, which makes his off speed pitchers better, too.  Maybe Minasian knows what he's doing and is actually a good GM 😉