• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Alex Cobb TRADED to Angels for Jahmai Jones

jordan

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You guys would be shocked at how solid a rotation of 5 guys posting a 4.5 ERA actually is.

No, it isn't good, but it would be about average and significantly better than what the Angels crapped out this past year. 

You ain't kidding. Our offense is going to be really good having Walsh in there at 1B 80% of the time more than Pujols, a healthier Ohtani and a better hitting SS. 

If our starting pitching is averaging 4.5 runs a game we're going to win a bunch more games than in recent years with our offense and improved bullpen. 

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

You ain't kidding. Our offense is going to be really good having Walsh in there at 1B 80% of the time more than Pujols, a healthier Ohtani and a better hitting SS. 

If our starting pitching is averaging 4.5 runs a game we're going to win a bunch more games than in recent years with our offense and improved bullpen. 

Aside from Teheran, wasn't the pitching ERA around 4.5?

Not buying it. 

7 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Not buying it. 

The team's overall ERA when factoring in relief might have been around 4.50, but the rotation?

This was essentially the rotation last year, and this was probably our best rotation in the last several seasons...

1. Heaney (12 GS): 4.46 ERA in 66.2 IP
  2. Bundy (11 GS): 3.29 ERA in 65.2 IP
  3. Canning (11 GS) and Andriese (1 GS) (12 GS): 4.50 ERA in 58 IP*** 
  4. Sandoval(6), Barria (5) and Peters (1) (12 GS): 5.76 ERA in 50 IP
  5. Teheran (9), Ohtani(2), and Suarez (2) (13 GS): 14.24 ERA in 30.1 IP 

I tried grouping the guys together to avoid dramatically skewing results, but this is how our rotation split 60 games up last year. 

***This one was the most affected by lumping together pitchers, as Canning was at 3.99 and Andriese's lone start added 4 ER in 1.2 IP, bringing their combined to 4.50. I could've tacked him on elsewhere, but didn't feel right adding to one of the other slots.

Edited by totdprods

14 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Oooh, it's riddle time at Angelswin.  I like it.  Not sure what has me more intrigued, this Cobb trade/feelings toward it OR Stradlers relationship to Stradling!

Gods honest truth, I have no idea who he is.  With any luck he’s a great guy.  He hasn’t posted anything ridiculous that would have me believe he’s some old troll that @Chuckster70 has banned in the past.  I guess we will all see how this plays out.  

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You can't "aside from Teheran". That's stupid.

The starting pitching had a 5.52 ERA in 2020, which was 29th in MLB.

The only reason I said "aside from Teheran" is cuz the boneheads on AW went all snowflakey in the beginning of year trying to justify the only reason why the Angels had the second worst ERA was because of Teheran. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Gods honest truth, I have no idea who he is.  With any luck he’s a great guy.  He hasn’t posted anything ridiculous that would have me believe he’s some old troll that @Chuckster70 has banned in the past.  I guess we will all see how this plays out.  

I would take it as a compliment if someone named themselves HaloMillierVanillier.  Actually, that just rolls right off the tongue.  I might have to change to that.  I might be due anyways.

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

The only reason I said "aside from Teheran" is cuz the boneheads on AW went all snowflakey in the beginning of year trying to justify the only reason why the Angels had the second worst ERA was because of Teheran. 

Well, anyone who said that is stupid.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I looked up @Stradler, previously known as Powerball. 

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

With all due respect doesn't that make you a bonehead too?

73da7f1c-468f-4744-8be6-c55ba122a7c6_tex

Let's all take a deep breath. 

Two things we can count on:

1. The Angels are not done constructing their 25-man roster. That includes the pitching department.

2. We start 0-0 just like every other team on day one & we'll all share the same amount of excitement on opening day as we have every March/April. Including @SoWhat

Look at the long view, not just today's trade that brought us a back end starter.

21 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Not buying it. 

9 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

6 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

What i've been saying all along man.... Second worst is second worst. Period. 

You cannot simply ignore the fact that Teheran is gone and the other four who pitched most of the innings are still here. 

The guys who pitched 80% of starting pitcher innings put up overall solid to good numbers. The final fifth: Mostly Teheran and Sandoval. Teheran is gone and Sandoval will probably not pitch as much this year and if he does the argument is pointless anyway.

Let me explain this since it seems unclear to you: One guy can screw up the whole rotation's overall numbers. If Teheran pitched a 4.50 ERA season, the Angels are an above average rotation. That is a fact.