• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Alex Cobb TRADED to Angels for Jahmai Jones

jordan

26 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Jahmai Jones isn't done developing. They're dealing him at the low point of his value. The Angela's messed with his swing and it screwed him up. He finally got his swing back on track and we were going to see him retain much of the ground he lost in AAA. He's going to grow into a solid starting 2B/OF, similar to Whit Merrifield, though not quite that good in my opinion. 

Cobb is a fine pitcher, he really is. This deal made a lot more sense when I assumed the first was going to be some random arm down the list like Stiward Aquino. But sacrificing a top 10 prospect whose value is only going to go up..... It's idiocy. 

My thoughts exactly.  Cobb is a solid pitcher 3/4 type and definitely something the Angels need, but trading Jones is too high of a price. 

1 minute ago, Fourts said:

it's not just a bad trade -- it's a "why" trade.  Sure JJ might not be THAT high in value, but why get Cobb at all?  Why get another one year guy?  Why pay him so much $$?  Why not use some of the assets (JJ) to combine with others and get something of actual value SP wise for 2021 (and maybe beyond).

p.minasian@angels.com

3 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

Oof. I’ve been obsessed with the Angels/baseball my whole life, but for the past 3-4 years I’ve lost a whole lot of interest in it and this offseason puts the nail in the coffin. I have zero desire to watch and support this team. Welp, at least I have my Lakers. Oh and FREE TROUT 

Bye. 

4 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

Oof. I’ve been obsessed with the Angels/baseball my whole life, but for the past 3-4 years I’ve lost a whole lot of interest in it and this offseason puts the nail in the coffin. I have zero desire to watch and support this team. Welp, at least I have my Lakers. Oh and FREE TROUT 

So what?

5 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

See you on Opening Day.

I think more is coming, We still have 2 spots open on the 40 man roster, Cobb just replaces Jones roster spot.  Cobb was a fairly decent pitcher before he went to Baltimore. The last 3 years his numbers represent a pitcher who played for a really crappy team. Like Bundy, i think his numbers will be much better than in Baltimore. I agree with Blarg on this, playing for a really shitty team makes one look shitty. Playing for a better team will make him look better.