• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where will Bauer sign?

Where will Bauer sign?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you think is most likely to sign Trevor Bauer?

11 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I vaguely remember after his wife beat him up a road game PA played the whitesnake song with her in the video lol

She must have been a pain for Tom Hanks to work with in Bachelor Party.

And to top that road PA, Jim Rome decided to gloss Chuck as Chuck Kitean.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Speaking of psycho spouses... 

July 11, 2013— -- The estranged wife of former Major League Baseball pitcher Kris Benson was arrested earlier this week after she allegedly broke into her husband's Georgia home wearing a bulletproof vest and was armed with an ammunition belt, knife, Taser, hatchet and a handgun, according to police.

Anna Benson was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and battery with a gun, possession of a firearm in a felony and criminal trespass after she allegedly broke into the home the couple once shared in Smyrna, Ga., Monday.

The first response to the Twitter post was my first thought as well - trade Upton while retaining part of his salary to free up room.  Of course, that leave a big hole in LF, but I would be comfortable putting Marsh there knowing he might struggle at the plate initiall but he would be a huge defensive upgrade.  Also, doesn’t Walsh have some OF experience as well? 

8 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

The first response to the Twitter post was my first thought as well - trade Upton while retaining part of his salary to free up room.  Of course, that leave a big hole in LF, but I would be comfortable putting Marsh there knowing he might struggle at the plate initiall but he would be a huge defensive upgrade.  Also, doesn’t Walsh have some OF experience as well? 

I had the same thought, but the problem is that Upton is still owed $51M (23/28). Even if the Angels pay half of that, someone is essentially signing him for 2/$25.5M - that's $12.75M AAV for a 33-year old who has been a replacement level player for the last two years. Maybe someone wants to take the risk that he bounces back to the 3 WAR level, but I'm not so sure.

Now I personally would be fine telling Adell and Marsh that whoever impresses most in ST gets the LF job (or move Trout to LF, Marsh to CF), but I'm not sure the Angels are ready to do that - not with RF also being dubious. So they might have to sign someone like Pillar, Goodwin or Villar, which is another $5-7M, so the savings on Upton only becoming $5-7M in 2021. Not sure that's enough room to sign Bauer.

And of course if you can sign one of those three for $5-7M on a one-year contract, why would you want Upton for 2/$25.5M? I think Justin is essentially untradeable, unless the Angels want to pay for something like 75% of his contract.

Edited by Angelsjunky

3 hours ago, bruin5 said:

Upton has a no trade in contract. Taking on part of his contract but you'd have to include prospect in any deal. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I don’t know who the dude is but the list of people who follow him leaves me to believe he has some sort of reputation.  Is he right?  I have no idea.  

Just because a respected person follows someone doesn't mean that the person being followed should be trusted.

There's some random twitter user with no profile picture who always replies to Angels related tweets with nonsense that is followed by Jeff Fletcher.

https://twitter.com/JeffSOCGUY/with_replies

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Just because a respected person follows someone doesn't mean that the person being followed should be trusted.

There's some random twitter user with no profile picture who always replies to Angels related tweets with nonsense that is followed by Jeff Fletcher.

I don't know if I should be impressed or concerned that you took the time to look that up.

2 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I don't know if I should be impressed or concerned that you took the time to look that up.

I didn't look that up. The dude has replied hundreds of times to Angels reporters, and so I've clicked on his profile before, and it says that Jeff Fletcher follows him.

13 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Ok.  He has a long list of MLB writers and guys like Victor Rojas following him.  

14 hours ago, T.G. said:

Speaking of psycho spouses... 

July 11, 2013— -- The estranged wife of former Major League Baseball pitcher Kris Benson was arrested earlier this week after she allegedly broke into her husband's Georgia home wearing a bulletproof vest and was armed with an ammunition belt, knife, Taser, hatchet and a handgun, according to police.

Anna Benson was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and battery with a gun, possession of a firearm in a felony and criminal trespass after she allegedly broke into the home the couple once shared in Smyrna, Ga., Monday.

We can judge... but only if we also acknowledges she would be fun in bed. From that story above, you know it to be true.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I had the same thought, but the problem is that Upton is still owed $51M (23/28). Even if the Angels pay half of that, someone is essentially signing him for 2/$25.5M - that's $12.75M AAV for a 33-year old who has been a replacement level player for the last two years. Maybe someone wants to take the risk that he bounces back to the 3 WAR level, but I'm not so sure.

If you're Arte you have to excuse yourself and go throw up.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If Upton can just put up an .800+ OPS in 2021, I can look past the defensive issues for this season.

I think this is very possible. But I don't have a threshold, personally. I'm at the Pujols era at this point. If he drives in some runs and hits 25 dingers I'll be happy.