• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where will Bauer sign?

Where will Bauer sign?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you think is most likely to sign Trevor Bauer?

At this point, I genuinely have no idea. It could be anybody. It's possible it'll be a 1 year deal at this point and almost any team that has reasonably deep pockets and can at least claim to be a contender could be a possibility.

Angels: Have the need, but do they have the money?

Mets: Absolutely could, but it's unclear if they have a rotation spot open. 

Jays: Having just spent 150m on Springer (and signed Kirby Yates), it's hard to see them going out and spending another 30m on Bauer. 

Padres: Rotation is by any calculation full.

Phillies: If Realmuto signs elsewhere, it's possible they splurge on Bauer, but given how adamant they've been about lowering payroll, it's hard to imagine them signing Bauer unless the price drops.

Dodgers: They just won the WS, already have a fantastic rotation. Always possible for a team like them, though, especially if the price drops for lack of suitors.

Yankees: Similar to the Dodgers, they obviously have the money, but they've been hesitant to bust over the luxury tax this season. Could change at any time, though. 

White Sox: With Lynn, Keuchel, Giolito, and Kopech, hard to see them seriously going after him. With La Russa, hard to see him all that interested in them.

A's, Rays: No money.

Orhers: E.g. Boston, SF, AZ, etc: Not contending this year. 

I hope the Angels are still interested, but I'm not optimistic. I almost feel like it could be the Dodgers at this point, given how the market is shifting. 

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

It’s gonna be either the White Sox or the Angels. Whoever it is, they are gonna massively overpay. 

I could see something ridiculous in the realm of 6 years 220 million.

I don't see any chance of that at this point. There just aren't enough bidders who have need + money. I have difficulty finding even one team willing or able to give anything close to that at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Our old friend Claude just had a tweet that was 100% on brand for that dude, it simply stated:

#BauerNotComingToAnaheim 

if you miss him follow him on twitter.  

Not a chance. 

Funny that you do though...

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I don't see any chance of that at this point. There just aren't enough bidders who have need + money. I have difficulty finding even one team willing or able to give anything close to that at the moment. 

I sincerely hope you’re right. Bauer is just built different. His whole free agent process is just different. From the agent all the way to the videos. I have no idea what’s gonna end up happening. 

I think Bauer wants to be part of a young, up and coming team that's also willing to massage his ego and let him take the spotlight, while also not having to pitch in a homer happy home field. 

Whatever you can find that fits that description, go ahead and run with it. Angels won't massage his ego, SF doesn't have the farm, Dodgers would, but they already have six starters. 

The Mariners actually make a ton of sense here, and I would like him even less than I do right now. He's an egotistical prick that calls out cheaters and fires freaking fastballs over the CF wall when he's pissed, and hires his hot ex girlfriend to be his agent. Kind of both awesome and awful at the same time.