• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where will Bauer sign?

Where will Bauer sign?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you think is most likely to sign Trevor Bauer?

10 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

I'd love to see some team say to Bauer, okay, $5m base salary guaranteed for 6 years, that's it.  *But*, incentives for IP each year that could take you up to the $35m (even $40m+) range if you actually throw as many innings as you think you can starting every four days.  You take the injury risk, but we give you the upside of being the highest paid player in the game if you're right.

An incentive laden deal makes a lot of sense for everyone. Perhaps the offer is something in the range of 6/160 guaranteed, but with heavy innings or starts incentives. If the guy stays healthy and effective, he makes lots of incentive money. And the team presumably benefits from such productivity. 

I think the Angels are actually the most logical fit for him. I question whether the other contenders - including the White Sox, Mets and Jays - have the money (or want to spend it). The Dodgers make sense, but I am not sure they offer enough total dollars. I don’t see why Bauer would want to play for the Giants, given that there is no chance they win the division the next four years. 

He's wearing a hat that says bUSINESS HAT. The b is not capitalized.

Jack Kochanowicz likes it. It has 6606 likes. 666 the number of the beast. That implies he's signing with a team with religious symbolism. 

Back to the lowercase b on his hat. However if you flip it upside down, what does it look like? That's right, a q. And who was nicknamed "q"?

robb-quinlan-39-mlb.jpg

The lowercase b also represents the 2 "b"s in Q's first name.

Ergo, Bauer is signing with the Angels.

Wake up sheeple.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Jack Kochanowicz likes it. It has 6606 likes. 666 the number of the beast. That implies he's signing with a team with religious symbolism. 

Back to the lowercase b on his hat. However if you flip it upside down, what does it look like? That's right, a q. And who was nicknamed "q"?

robb-quinlan-39-mlb.jpg

Wake up sheeple.

This seems 100% cogent and correct.  Thank you. 

11 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

This leads me to the following question.

If a contract is incentive laden, how does the AAV get calculated.

If incentives are reached, is the AAV recalculated after that season?

Yes. The calculation is made after the season, after everyone’s incentives and bonuses are paid, trades are made, etc 

4 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

robb-quinlan-39-mlb.jpg

Wake up sheeple.

ron burgundy anchorman GIF

I mean, she says what should be obvious: 

1. We should lower our expectations - in other words, don't assume Bauer is a sure thing or even necessarily likely. If you do, you're probably going to be disappointed.

2. We'll see how things shake out - Translation: I have no inside information and anything is possible. Again, most of us could have said that exact same thing. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Agree that you should lower your expectations?

Considering that most fans don’t seem to want anyone other than Bauer, and there is only one Bauer, I would say you ought to prepare yourself for someone other than Bauer. 

As you stated, most fans want Bauer. That's different than saying they expect Bauer to sign here.  She makes it sound as if she knows something that we don't.