• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

If you have limited power you must have a high walk rate.  If you have a high k rate you must have a high walk rate to have sustainable success.  
Welcome to my Ted Talk.  

But I don't feel inspired yet. How are you going to save the world?

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

hE nEeDs To ToNe DoWn ThE pImP sTuFf

*24 hours earlier*

I love Jared Walsh's bat flip!

I don't think anyone cares about bat flips anymore -- they have become pretty much the norm and I think everyone sees it for what it is, a guy enjoying the moment.  But that choreographed stutter step thing he was doing was just stupid looking.

I'll die on that hill.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't think anyone cares about bat flips anymore -- they have become pretty much the norm and I think everyone sees it for what it is, a guy enjoying the moment.  But that choreographed stutter step thing he was doing was just stupid looking.

I'll die on that hill.

Why/when did he stop? I thought it was pretty funny watching him copy Tatis

32 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think we should promote Adell to start the second half of the season in RF. Ward backup Stassi at C, call up Thaiss as a back C, 1B/3B. Dump Rengifo. 

Heck no. Let him finish the season in AAA, and based on how he looks in Spring Training next year, consider bringing him to the big league roster then.

You want to keep guys like Thaiss, Barria, Adell and Marsh in AAA until after the trade deadline at least. See what the big league club looks like.

The Angels have a chance to leap frog the Mariners and having Oakland or Houston knock one another down the standings, all in the next couple days. Trout figure to be back right after the break too, and with some luck, Upton too. The Angels might just be buyers, which case teams will be looking hard at Adell and Marsh. Or they might tumble and trade off a couple relievers, a couple starters and maybe a catcher, at which point you can start to look at promoting to give young kids an active 2022 roster try out.

Seminaris with probably his best night. 6 IP 9Ks, 1 BB, 6 HS 1 ER. 

Mostly sat 87-89. His best pitch, and a good out pitch was a slurve that he threw about 77. Had 3 Ks on that pitch at leadt. Had a good change as well, but didn't show it too much. Struggled in the 1st,when most of the damage was done, then established that he could hit his spots on the corners and got the ump to open up the zone a bit. He finished strong. I really think that had last year been a normal season, he'd be cruising much better at AA now. 

I have been told he can dial it up to 94 for an occasional bullet, but mostly sits 87-91 ish. 

A1Someone who really stood out for me on the 66ers tonight was Dashwood. Pitched 3 strong innings. Ignore the runs he gave up.... Those were flukes. One was a "single" that hit the rubber and took a funky turn for the runner to reach. The next batter got a "single" on a hit that landed in no man's land in the infield. 

I could easily see him adding some velo on a single inning outting and getting promoted soon. He commanded the inside well and threw a slider 80-82 that had a lot of movement. He pounded the inside part of the plate. 

Sat 89-93. Big build, looks about 6' 4", 240 ish, room to project a bit. 

Only other major impression is on Yon. Listed at 6' 5", but looks like he's 6' 13'. A bean pole ans susceptible to the curve, but he definitely stood head and shoulders over many other players.