• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

• Chuck pinned this topic

The Angels have a few of the post-prospect breakout candidates in the system.

Jared Walsh, obviously after the September performance.

Taylor Ward looked way better at the plate and in the field.

Matt Thaiss' bat will play up at the make league level, I'm almost sure of it. It's a matter of finding a fit. He's a good defensive 1B, was pretty decent over at 3B and it's too early to tell at 2B, but the fact that Maddon was willing to try him there just to get the bat in the lineup should tell us something.

Luis Rengifo had a rough 2020 but still looks like he'll be a solid starting middle infielder or at the very least, dynamic utility infielder.

Jaime Barria showed that his rookie year was no fluke. The Angels need top of the rotation starters more than back end starters so he might have to move to the pen in the short term.

Patrick Sandoval actually looked good operating in relief at 2-3 inning stretches, keeping his time at once through the order with minimal leverage. Could be a good extended reliever.

------

Sad as it is, I think some of these guys are going to fully realize their potential in a different uniform. The Pirates, Royals, Orioles would ask be abke to offer more opportunity than the Angels.

13 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was assuming that we wouldn't bother with a new prospects list, considering that there was no minor league season. Maybe a more casual approach, and then a mid-season list, once we get to see how the prospects are developing?

At this point, the list would simply be opinion based, which is fine with me. Some folks like Rodriguez the best, others like Marsh, some may like Detmers or Kochanowicz. Maybe even Adams. 

We won't have any concrete justification in any of it, but perhaps that can cut through the drama we endure every year.

32 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was assuming that we wouldn't bother with a new prospects list, considering that there was no minor league season. Maybe a more casual approach, and then a mid-season list, once we get to see how the prospects are developing?

I'm down with creating a list of my casual prospects.  

47 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Matt Thaiss' bat will play up at the make league level, I'm almost sure of it. It's a matter of finding a fit. He's a good defensive 1B, was pretty decent over at 3B and it's too early to tell at 2B, but the fact that Maddon was willing to try him there just to get the bat in the lineup should tell us something.

I wonder what the Angels told Thaiss to work on during the offseason. Considering that he played a game at 2B and LF, I'd assume they'd have him work out there in the offseason before trying him out there at Spring Training, but the club hasn't said anything publicly that would confirm that.

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He looks a bit like Keuchel.  I would be ecstatic if that was his ceiling.  Even if he isn’t Cy Young winning Keuchel.  

I was thinking more of a young Cole Hamels with that curveball, other repetoire and control. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I thought Keuchel was known for his curve ball and he looked to have that type of body.  But yea, I would be more than happy if he turned into either of those guys. 

I always saw Keuchel as more of a sinkerballer, didn't get a lot of whiffs but had a good 4-pitch mix like Detmers. 

Either way, you're right. We got a winner in Detmers.