• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Whenever we see how close those two are, it makes it all the more impossible to break up there pair. You can't trade Marsh or Adell. 

It's like taking the vanilla out of the Oreo and just selling the cream, or just selling the chocolate cookie with no cream. It doesn't matter any sense! Madness I tell you, madness! 

Edited by Second Base

57 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, these two have a bro-crush 

lot of movement with those hands but that bat looks quicker than I remember.  

also, this might sound odd, but aside from the bro mance, do these two look a lot more like men all of a sudden?  Like that sort of kiddish prospect vibe is gone and they're ready to take on mlb?  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

lot of movement with those hands but that bat looks quicker than I remember.  

also, this might sound odd, but aside from the bro mance, do these two look a lot more like men all of a sudden?  Like that sort of kiddish prospect vibe is gone and they're ready to take on mlb?  

Marsh has always been handsy, in the non-Callaway sort of way (couldn't help it). But yes, faster bat, shorter swing, more aggression in the swing. Given his size, athleticism, the obvious strength, and the 80 grade beard/hair, Brandon Marsh is a very dangerous man. Emphasis on the man part. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Marsh has always been handsy, in the non-Callaway sort of way (couldn't help it). But yes, faster bat, shorter swing, more aggression in the swing. Given his size, athleticism, the obvious strength, and the 80 grade beard/hair, Brandon Marsh is a very dangerous man. Emphasis on the man part. 

that's it for sure.  seemed more mechanical in the past.  

10 hours ago, Second Base said:

Typically it wouldn't bother me, but after we saw Minasian jettison a useful major league piece in the future in Jam Jones so willingly, I question his judgment on the prospect end of things. 

I'm feeling better about Minasian's moves all of a sudden.

As has been said many times, ranking farm systems isn't an exact science. And more so, ranking the Angels farm system is very difficult, mainly because so much of the talent is pooled towards the bottom.

Keith Law has to know about 30 different farm systems and knows quite a bit less about the Angels than some members here. But like most analysts that cover the entire league, he probably focuses on higher level prospects and the true standouts in the lower levels. The Angels do have a few good higher level prospects, but most of their best younger prospects have little or no experience.

That said, as Angels fans we do tend to be a bit rosy in our perception. Take Chris Rodriguez, for example. Yes, the elite talent is there, but most analysts see him as a future #2-3 in a best-case scenario, not the #1 that some of us (including myself) hope he becomes. And that's if he can stay healthy; the guy has been in the minors since 2016 and has pitched only 77.2 innings. Even considering a missed season due to covid, that's less than 20 IP per year over four seasons (2016-19). So there's valid reason to not rate him as highly as we do.

Or Reid Detmers. We're hoping he's a #2-3, but most consider him a #3-4. And he has yet to pitch in a professional game. 

And then you have guys like Paris, Vera, Kochanowicz, Calabrese, Ramirez, Bonilla, Placencia, etc. Little to no professional experience, but we're all very excited about them.

There are a wide range of outcomes for most of these guys. The Angels system literally has a dozen players, give or take, who could turn out to be stars, but none of them are guaranteed. But at this point in time, as fans, it is quite understandable that we're excited. But obviously some temperance is warranted, balancing a best-case scenario with a more likely outcome. I think that analysts like Keith Law emphasize the latter.