• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

19 hours ago, mmc said:

How would you guys rank our pitching prospects with all the new guys factored in?  You can do top 10 or rank as many as you want but I’m curious to see where you feel they slot in

Off my own running top 50 list I keep.

2. LHP Reid Detmers (Chances of becoming a reliever - 10%)

3. RHP Sam Bachman (Chances of becoming a reliever - 30%)

5. RHP Chris Rodriguez (Chances of becoming a reliever - 50%)

11. RHP Jack Kochanowicz (Chances of becoming a reliever - 20%)

12. LHP Ky Bush (Chances of becoming a reliever - 20%)

13. RHP Davis Daniel (Chances of becoming a reliever - 40%)

15. RHP Alejandro Hidalgo (Chances of becoming a reliever - Unknown)

17. LHP Erik Rivera (Chances of staying as a two way player - 10%, will likely abandon OF)

18. RHP Landon Marceaux (Chances of becoming a reliever - 10%)

19. RHP Jose Salvador (Chances of becoming a reliever - 70%)

Just now, rafibomb said:

Brandon Marsh was 2-4 with a walk and 2 runs scored today. He is now 9-23 (.391) with 5 extra base hits since returning to Salt Lake. Am I crazy to think he might be up in the Majors sooner rather than later if he keeps this up especially with all the problems in the outfield?

I don't think it's a crazy idea.  They probably just want to make sure he's 100% healthy and let him have some sustained success first. 

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Sorry, I dont keep up on this thread. What happened to the two jamaican / virgin islands (?) guys we signed a few years back..... they nobodies?

Knowles in A ball struggling a bit but showing some signs of life over his past 10 games.  Still just 20 years old.  

Trent Deveaux with the ACL Angels doing well in limited time.  Just turned 21.  

Knowles is probably the better prospect right now.  

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Knowles in A ball struggling a bit but showing some signs of life over his past 10 games.  Still just 20 years old.  

Trent Deveaux with the ACL Angels doing well in limited time.  Just turned 21.  

Knowles is probably the better prospect right now.  

What does acl stand for?

Edited by stormngt

26 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Sorry, I dont keep up on this thread. What happened to the two jamaican / virgin islands (?) guys we signed a few years back..... they nobodies?

So I thought I'd give you a short basic rundown of what's happened in the minors so far. 

AAA: Marsh has mostly been hurt but is back now and tearing it up. Adell leads the league in HR's but doesn't really walk much. Matt Thaiss played catcher in college and is now back at catcher, which is cool because he can really hit for a catcher. Jaime Barria is pitching well. There's also this kid, Michael Stefanic that might be David Fletcher's clone. 

AA: Reid Detmers is our best pitching prospect and he strikes EVERYONE out, or gives up a HR. Chris Rodriguez has been doing well getting stretched back out into a starter. There's also a pitcher named Davis Daniel, he looks pretty good. 

A+: Jordyn Adams had mostly been hurt, and they've got some no name guys throwing the ball well. 

A: Kyren Paris and Jeremiah Jackson are really good, and hurt. Jack Kochanowicz sucked at first but now looks pretty good. They have a kid named Jose Salvador that throws hard. 

Rookie: The Angels probably have the best rookie league team in all MLB, and they're almost all doing really good. Arol Vera, Alexander Ramirez, Werner Blakely, Edgar Quero, Alejandro Hidalgo and David Calabrese are all good prospects. 

The two guys from the Bahamas are Trent Deveaux and D'Shawn Knowles. Trent is still stuck in rookie ball. He's fast and plays good defense but really struggles with the bat. Knowles does a lot of little things good, but nothing spectacular. 

Finally, our two way prospects Erik Rivera and William Holmes have been mostly injured, along with Kevin Maitan. 

And that should catch you up. Maybe left out a couple dick jokes or whatever, but that's pretty much it. 

Staying true to what was 'a strong focus,' Los Angeles Angels use all 20 draft picks to select pitchers

The Los Angeles Angels made unique draft history this week: They made 20 picks in the 20-round draft and selected 20 pitchers.

The only other team to select all pitchers in a draft was the Miami Marlins a year ago, but MLB shortened that draft to just five rounds due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31813228/staying-true-was-strong-focus-los-angeles-angels-use-all-20-draft-picks-select-pitchers

16 hours ago, Second Base said:

So I thought I'd give you a short basic rundown of what's happened in the minors so far. 

AAA: Marsh has mostly been hurt but is back now and tearing it up. Adell leads the league in HR's but doesn't really walk much. Matt Thaiss played catcher in college and is now back at catcher, which is cool because he can really hit for a catcher. Jaime Barria is pitching well. There's also this kid, Michael Stefanic that might be David Fletcher's clone. 

AA: Reid Detmers is our best pitching prospect and he strikes EVERYONE out, or gives up a HR. Chris Rodriguez has been doing well getting stretched back out into a starter. There's also a pitcher named Davis Daniel, he looks pretty good. 

A+: Jordyn Adams had mostly been hurt, and they've got some no name guys throwing the ball well. 

A: Kyren Paris and Jeremiah Jackson are really good, and hurt. Jack Kochanowicz sucked at first but now looks pretty good. They have a kid named Jose Salvador that throws hard. 

Rookie: The Angels probably have the best rookie league team in all MLB, and they're almost all doing really good. Arol Vera, Alexander Ramirez, Werner Blakely, Edgar Quero, Alejandro Hidalgo and David Calabrese are all good prospects. 

The two guys from the Bahamas are Trent Deveaux and D'Shawn Knowles. Trent is still stuck in rookie ball. He's fast and plays good defense but really struggles with the bat. Knowles does a lot of little things good, but nothing spectacular. 

Finally, our two way prospects Erik Rivera and William Holmes have been mostly injured, along with Kevin Maitan. 

And that should catch you up. Maybe left out a couple dick jokes or whatever, but that's pretty much it. 

Thank you, sir. Exactly what i was looking for.

Shit... so literally everyone cool is hurt? Sounds about right

41 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Thank you, sir. Exactly what i was looking for.

Shit... so literally everyone cool is hurt? Sounds about right

Position player wise, with the exception of Adell and Thaiss, yeah. Pitching prospects have been extraordinarily healthy though, and many have gained velocity somehow.