• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I wasn't even being remotely sarcastic.   ALL I have wanted from him, CRod and some others is to see actual developmental games.  I said previously that I didn't care if he was hitting 330 for a month if his plate discipline wasn't showing signs of life.   Him being more patient, not swinging at pitches he would normally go after is a great sign.  He's got all the talent in the world but as Doc has said a few times, only thing missing is he needs to learn how to play baseball.

I didn't missinterpet, just tacking on a few thoughts. We are on the same page with Adell. He has no more athleticism he needs to show. He can run, he can throw, he can hit the ball far but as you said, now he needs to learn to play baseball. 

2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Canning is out of the game after 2 innings:

2.0 IP  3 H  6 R (all earned)  5 BB  4 SO  1 HR  67 pitches (39 strikes)

Something is definitely wrong with this homo.

Let him get fucked in Salt Lake for the rest of the year. Hopefully something clicks with him and the coaching staff. He's better than this.

5 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Some thing to consider, when Walsh had that breakout moment in 2020, he wasn't walking much, and had a low OBP, yet he was hot and hitting the crap out of the Ball. Could Adell have been in a similar situation when he was  hitting homeruns day after day? Which could explain the Low walk rate and OBP.

I watched a bunch of those early games and this was definitely a factor.  He was hitting just about anything for a hr.  And they were persistently throwing him strikes.  Almost to the point it seemed odd.  I was kinda hoping that they would stop just to see what would happen.  

That another reason the PCL kinda sucks.  They never pitch around guy because it doesn't matter.   Some 5'8 140lb 2bman can hit an oppo hr at any time so the strategy is all about keeping guys off base.  It's good for him to keep cycling through various stages but his real test is gonna be at the major league level.  

16 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Some thing to consider, when Walsh had that breakout moment in 2020, he wasn't walking much, and had a low OBP, yet he was hot and hitting the crap out of the Ball. Could Adell have been in a similar situation when he was  hitting homeruns day after day? Which could explain the Low walk rate and OBP.

Plate discipline has always been considered a "veteran skill" like command for pitchers ... Patience tends the last thing to develop, which is why guys who walk at hello are hyped so hard.  Adell is young enough they can in turn be "patient" with him.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Plate discipline has always been considered a "veteran skill" like command for pitchers ... Patience tends the last tying to develop, which is why guys who walk at hello are hyped so hard.  Adell is young enough they can in turn be "patient" with him.

David Fletcher had a minor league walk rate under 5%.  Last year his walk rate improved dramatically, which is what’s needed from him especially with very little power.  If Adell can improve his walk rate he will be an All Star caliber player even with a high K rate. 

11 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Something is definitely wrong with this homo.

Let him get fucked in Salt Lake for the rest of the year. Hopefully something clicks with him and the coaching staff. He's better than this.

The Angels seem to develop a lot of talented pitchers who struggle with the mental part of baseball.