• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Assuming Bachman signs, where do y'all place him in our rankings? Among pitchers I'd place him behind Detmers and C-Rod, but ahead of everyone else. Maybe 4th behind those two and Marsh, but I really like Vera and Paris and still have high hopes for Adams, despite the rough comeback after injury.

38 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Assuming Bachman signs, where do y'all place him in our rankings? Among pitchers I'd place him behind Detmers and C-Rod, but ahead of everyone else. Maybe 4th behind those two and Marsh, but I really like Vera and Paris and still have high hopes for Adams, despite the rough comeback after injury.

Good question.

I'm not sure who our #1 guy is, to be perfectly honest. Adell isn't really a prospect anymore so he's out. Marsh has been hurt, though he's still top 5 unquestionably.

I honestly consider Detmers our #1 prospect right now, followed by C-Rod, then Bachman, then Marsh. This will probably change by year's end, however.

I'd still have Marsh at #1, and then Detmers and C Rod somewhat equally, with Adell, Adams, and Bachman in some order afterwards (if we include Adell). The rest of the top ten would be Vera, Paris, Jackson, and then one or two of Daniel, Kochanowicz, Blakely, Placencia, and Calabrese. Maybe Quero, but that might just be wishful thinking. 

I'll include Adell and Rodriguez because in my mind, they're still both prospects. In my book...

1. Brandon Marsh - Borderline all star starting OF, good glove finalist. 

2. Reid Detmers - #2/3 SP. Workhorse.

3. Jo Adell - Bat first starting OF.

4. Chris Rodriguez - 5 inning/90 pitch SP that slots in as a #3/4 starter. 

5. Sam Bachman - Same as Rod, just with slightly better arsenal.

6. Jordyn Adams - Defense first starting OF. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I'll include Adell and Rodriguez because in my mind, they're still both prospects. In my book...

1. Brandon Marsh - Borderline all star starting OF, good glove finalist. 

2. Reid Detmers - #2/3 SP. Workhorse.

3. Jo Adell - Bat first starting OF.

4. Chris Rodriguez - 5 inning/90 pitch SP that slots in as a #3/4 starter. 

5. Sam Bachman - Same as Rod, just with slightly better arsenal.

6. Jordyn Adams - Defense first starting OF. 

looks right to me.  What the hell is going on with Adams?  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I really think that he needs to get off the Tri-City team. That team is just horrible offensively, for whatever reason. It's like non-hitting is contagious there for the Dust Devils.

It's been disappointing to see Hector Yan's drop-off. At this point, he's likely a DFA candidate in due time. He's throwing in the low 90's, he has fringe secondary pitches, he's only in High-A, and he's gonna be out of options in 2023.

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's there on hype and nothing else and it's honestly annoying.   I can't think of anyone to play in the game having done less than Dominguez.   The blathering about how he compares to Trout, Mantle, Bo Jackson...   FFS, let him play a little first.   

Like Brien Taylor before him, the Yankee hype machine has really elevated his status.... Brien Taylor was ranked the number one prospect in MLB by BBA before he had ever thrown a professional inning.

But can Dominguez get into bar fights?

22 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

New swing. Focusing more on tapping into his immense strength. Some guys, it takes a little bit to adjust. Like Matt Thaiss.

Still an incredible defender. And when he does get his pitch, he can absolutely drive the ball. Remember the HR to CF in ST? 

I'm just not convinced he'll ever be consistent enough at the plate to tap into all that potential. But I do think he'll do enough damage over there fence and on the base paths, and prevent enough for balls from dropping in the OF to develop into a Kevin Kiermair type. 

Edited by Second Base

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

A far cry from the ultra lean mid 2010s

Yes. And a lot more balanced in terms of providing both pitching and hitting talent. We aren't quite layered (meaning we are a bit on the young side with most of our talent down in the system), but we will get back to having waves of talent emerging soon. First, we need to get them all healthy and getting reps.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

New swing. Focusing more on tapping into his immense strength. Some guys, it takes a little bit to adjust. Like Matt Thaiss.

Still an incredible defender. And when he does get his pitch, he can absolutely drive the ball. Remember the HR to CF in ST? 

I'm just not convinced he'll ever be consistent enough at the plate to tap into all that potential. But I do think he'll do enough damage over there fence and on the base paths, and prevent enough for balls from dropping in three OF turn develop into a Kevin Kiermair type. 

Mike Cameron comp?

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

1. Detmers

2. Marsh

3. Adell

4. Rodriguez

5. Bachman

That's THREE pitchers in the top 5...

giphy.gif

For fun I'll add the rest of the top 10:

6. Adams

7. Vera

8. Paris

9. Jackson

10. Kochanowicz

Edited by rafibomb

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Mike Cameron comp?

Similar tools but it's hard to make that comp because Cameron played in an era where balls flew out at record paces and no one seemed to particularly care about SB success rate. So the numbers are a bit inflated. His yearly average was 23 HR and 25 SB which is great when you consider he won multiple gold gloves. I think because of his CS rate, by today's standards Cameron probably would've been more of a 20 HR 15 SB type of player with elite defense. 

I know Kiermaiar bats left, but he makes for a good comp too. Buxton is his ceiling, if Buxton could ever stay healthy, anyway. 

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Personally he would start somewhere around #10, give or take. Have to go back and look at my personal list, again, but Marsh, Adams, Detmers, C-Rod, Paris, Kochonwicz, Jackson, Vera, and Soto are all ahead of him in my head, I think. Back end of the Top 10, somewhere.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

I'm just not convinced he'll ever be consistent enough at the plate to tap into all that potential. But I do think he'll do enough damage over there fence and on the base paths, and prevent enough for balls from dropping in the OF to develop into a Kevin Kiermair type. 

I'm just really worried about contact for Adams.  I was pretty pumped about his apparent showing in spring and at developmental camp last year.  Gotta get camera's going at high A.