• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

a kid in my grammar school pooped his pants once.  He was wearing white shorts.  

10 hours ago, Lou said:

But was he clowned?

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

oh yah.  

Of course he was clowned the rest of his life. No one can live with that stain on their reputation.

16 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Wait, I thought you were a woman? Patty (maybe I'm confusing you with mattimelt, and isn't there a halo mom, or something?).

OK, are there any women that frequent this board? I know there have been a couple over the years.

mattimelt?

Also, if you were a woman, would you post here?

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Adams is the guy that seems to be rated MUCH higher than his actual performance.  

The article pretty much nailed it.  He's young, he's raw, he's coming off an injury and it's been under 200 at bats...   

Worrying about him is much like the "what's wrong with Marsh" threads a couple years ago when he was in AA, in a park that murdered LHBs and he was coming off injuries.

Adams is in April mode while everyone else at the level is in July.   

8 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Any insight on how Thaiss is progressing defensively at Catcher in SLC? I know he got off to a rough start. Looks like he is catching about half the games and at DH the others with an occasional start at 1B. So they seem committed to the process.

Honestly it wasn't that rough to start. He looked like a normal catcher back there. Maybe once or twice a game his footwork would be a little off and you'd notice it in contrast to a major leaguer, but no major flaws in his game. 

Lately, he looks unnoticeable back there, which is a good thing. If the catcher isn't grabbing your attention as the viewer, then he's probably doing all the little things correctly. His arm is the same as it has always been, which is to say he had enough arm to stick back there. 

Really, the most important part of catching is the part that you and I don't have access to, which is his handling of the pitching staff. Can he guide pitchers through the jams, does he have a calming presence, does he spend extra time studying video of their deliveries, is he someone that's completely likeable, do pitchers like throwing to him? 

A catcher very much needs to be a game manager the same be way a quarterback is. 

We know he was a catcher in college, and we know it was his idea to return to the position. He volunteered for it and the Angels went along with it. I'm guessing he's committed, and I'm guessing that if it wasn't working out, the Angels would've nixed it already (like Trumbo at 3B back in the day). I'm guessing there's some merit to it, and he's given the Angels something to strongly consider moving forward. 

The biggest question is whether or not the Angels view him as a backup catcher. Maybe they think he's more suited to be a third catcher or emergency catcher rather than back. Like how they're using Taylor Ward in that role currently. Maybe they think he's progressed far enough and will continue to progress to the point where he's well suited to backup the starter. Who knows, maybe they hit the jackpot and they think he's going to develop into a first stringer. 

Either way, you know the bat plays. 

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think @rafibomb was the first to mention it, but Adell was a late scratch. Let's all get excited over nothing, shall we? 

He's totes being traded. 

The tweet said it was a late scratch but not injury related. The Bees announcer is saying it might just be a rest day. But a late scratch for rest? I’ve never heard of that before.