• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

On 7/13/2021 at 11:05 PM, Second Base said:

Finally, our two way prospects Erik Rivera and William Holmes have been mostly injured, along with Kevin Maitan. 

i didn't know Maitan was still in the organization.

56 minutes ago, Tank said:

i didn't know Maitan was still in the organization.

He's been easy to forget about, that's for sure. He's still on the young side of things, which is weird to say. Everyone was so disappointed in his performance, but they forget that he was 17 when the Braves rushed him stateside. He was 18 when the Angels put him in the Pioneer League with all those college players. He was 19 in A ball, the age where only the most exceptional prep prospects from the draft ever actually see A Ball. His age 20 season would've been crucial in his development, and that was taken from him, as it was taken from everyone else in the minors. 

Now he's 21, and he's injured. The kid just can't catch a break. Even if he plays this year, it's still the season where he was rehabbing whatever injury he has (I thought I heard it was his wrist but maybe I'm mistaken). 

Next year, if he's still with the Angels will officially be his make or break year. He will be old enough for his level, he's shown decent end of the year adjustments back when he was 18 and 19, and outside of Ohtani, I've never seen a foreign born prospect with the easy oppo power he has. There's obviously more to this game than that, but he does have one thing that can't be taught. That and a 70 grade arm. His journey may not be over yet. We'll see. 

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Maybe it’s been lingering for a while, explaining his mostly mediocre pitching?

Sigh. One step closer to filling my prediction that he’s gonna be our next Garrett Richards, and a guy we should’ve traded for impact pitching this past winter, as counterintuitive as it might have seemed. 

Adell, Canning, and one of our top SS prospects should get us a pretty good arm and shouldn’t affect our current MLB team now or in the future too terribly.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

He was a big time international guy and the angels top prospect was Taylor Ward.  Lol.  Fucked vibes.  

It's amazing how far we've come since then.

I don't care about beating a dead horse here but Eppler really turned this shit around. We just haven't seen it at the big league level yet. We will.

Maitan is the type of guy that, as a fan, you just forget about and hope he surprised you. But no real expectations, at this point. But you don't get rid of him - not for another 2 or 3 years. I think by that point he'll either be finally fulfilling some of his potential, or heading to some league in Latin America. Or maybe the Angels will let him go after 2023, and some other org will take him in and he'll blossom, winning ROY in 2025 as a 25 year old...for the Braves!

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Lol, Brandon Phillips is one of his teammates.  Dude, you made $100M playing ball.  Go home.

I guess some players really do love to play. Phillips is still holding his own, at 40.

Its fun scanning through independent teams. Ian Kinsler's playing for the Long Island Ducks, along with Max Stassi's older brother, Brock. Also on the Ducks is...Johnny Hellweg!

Also playing in the Atlantic League is former Angel Mat Latos, Logan Morrison (remember when people wanted to trade for him?), David Robertson, and 44-year old Javier Vazquez (although he only pitched 1 inning so far, giving up 3 runs). Bunch of other former major leaguers, but I didn't recognize most.

A few big names in the Mexican Leagues. Adrian Gonzalez is mashing at age 39. Our own Efren Navarro. Oliver Perez and Fernando Rodney at age 44. And...drum roll...Erick Aybar! He's hitting .324/.372/.476 at age 37.

Addison Russell is also there - I'm surprised his major league fizzled out so quickly. He's still only 27. Felix Pie. Good old Bartolo Colon is still plugging along at 48 years old. Francisco Rodriguez pitched an inning...oh, wait, its the other one. Other former Angels: Alexi Amarista, Luis Jiminez, and Fernando Salas.

And of course...Yasiel Puig!