• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cano, stupid idiot

Angel Oracle

37 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Why can’t this happen to Pujols? 

Could you imagine getting Pujols off the books in his final year? Man that would open up so many possibilities for this offseason. 

The Mets got 24 million more dollars now to use this offseason. Ruh Roh. 

Unlike Pujols, Cano was productive this year.  Sure, the Mets have more money to spend, but they also have production to replace.

Here we go.  Look Bonds and Clemens are taking all the heat but the fact remains that Bonds was absolutely facing juiced pitchers and Clemens was absolutely facing juiced hitters.

I don’t personally like either player.  But it is what it is.  That was the era and it is more reasonable to believe it was widespread than it is to believe there were a handful of “cheaters.”

And I can hardly get worked up over the “injustice” of Bonds and Clemens being in the HOF when Harold Baines is in and Bobby Grich is out.

The HOF is already a trainwreck.  It isn’t any more of a wreck if Bonds s and Clemens are recognized as being the great players that they, in fact, were. 

54 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Just remember that Gaylord Perry is in the Hall of Fame despite cheating when he was pitching in the big leagues. Guys like Bonds and Clemens will make the Hall of Fame one day. 

Perry was only ejected once during his career for throwing an illegal pitch.

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Here we go.  Look Bonds and Clemens are taking all the heat but the fact remains that Bonds was absolutely facing juiced pitchers and Clemens was absolutely facing juiced hitters.

I don’t personally like either player.  But it is what it is.  That was the era and it is more reasonable to believe it was widespread than it is to believe there were a handful of “cheaters.”

And I can hardly get worked up over the “injustice” of Bonds and Clemens being in the HOF when Harold Baines is in and Bobby Grich is out.

The HOF is already a trainwreck.  It isn’t any more of a wreck if Bonds s and Clemens are recognized as being the great players that they, in fact, were. 

Here we go again? Nobody said whether or not they thought Bonds or Clemens deserve to be in the HOF. 

41 minutes ago, Lou said:

Here we go again? Nobody said whether or not they thought Bonds or Clemens deserve to be in the HOF. 

If they personally Deserve? Well I don’t care a stitch how the player feels in terms of being denied or rewarded. I hate that angle.  I default to viewing it as a museum that tries to be historically accurate regardless of how the player feels about being inducted or denied.

49 minutes ago, Lou said:

Any you are kidding yourself if you think tins of fans think they don’t deserve to be in the HOF.  But repeating, this is exactly what I hate about it.  I don’t care how they feel personally.  I just prefer the HOF just do whatever it can to be historically accurate.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

If they personally Deserve? Well I don’t care a stitch how the player feels in terms of being denied or rewarded. I hate that angle.  I default to viewing it as a museum that tries to be historically accurate regardless of how the player feels about being inducted or denied.

Do you even read the posts you respond to?

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Do you even read the posts you respond to?

I thought I understood your point but maybe I didn’t.

I thought you referenced if the player “deserved” to be in the HOF.  I am merely saying I don’t care if the player “deserves” it (personally) and I prefer to strictly just view it as whether or not the HOF as a historical museum is more or less accurate including that player.

Maybe you didn’t mean “deserve” that way.

Regardless, I don’t think it is crazy to share my viewpoint.

I guess pride is the driving force for a player that already has a guaranteed contract to continue to use steroids to maintain competitive play. But, Cano is a douche for continuing to use and cheat himself and the team. There should be an ownership opt out for guys like Cano and be able to walk out on the contract.