• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

43 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Someone is always injured in Spring Training.  My money is on Heaney.  He always seems to be injured a couple of times a season anyhow.

I would consider trading Heaney, if it cleared more money to sign Bauer. 

He’s gonna make around $6-10 million for one year of arbitration. It’s not gonna be enough to replace him. I think he stays, the Angels try to get one starter via trade and one via FA.

18 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I would be really surprised if Stroman does not accept the Quality offer.

he's not going to get 18 mil in this market, outside of the Quality offer.

14 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

That might be a real bad idea for him. He's not going to get 18 mil in this market, and his value might decline with the Quality offer. 

*Qualifying

*Qualifying

*Qualifying

Likewise, Wong, who had his $12.5 million option declined, can sign with any team. He has already heard from many clubs, including the Los Angeles Angels, a team source described. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/forecast-calls-for-wintry-mix-of-frigid-spending-flurries-of-free-agents-as-cardinals-cook/article_33f50678-4669-5491-9045-1709e37527aa.html

34 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Likewise, Wong, who had his $12.5 million option declined, can sign with any team. He has already heard from many clubs, including the Los Angeles Angels, a team source described. 

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/forecast-calls-for-wintry-mix-of-frigid-spending-flurries-of-free-agents-as-cardinals-cook/article_33f50678-4669-5491-9045-1709e37527aa.html

So who has he heard from? Stoneman? Arte? Both Assistant GM’s are gone, as is LaRussa....

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Maybe. But if I'm the Angels, I'd rather have Stroman for $15-16M AAV than a 2nd round draft pick in 2021. 

That is true.

Personally, i would rather not spend that 15-16 mil on stroman and lose a second draft pick, when i can sign someone that can equal the production of Stroman, for less and with the lost of pick. 

Kevin Gausman is getting a qualifying offer from the Giants. It seems like he's either going to accept it or work out a contract extension with the Giants, so he's seemingly a free agent option off the board for the Angels.