• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

Mesopotamia should have achieved much more considering they had a President of Round Things in addition to a GM.

The problem they had was the Sumerians wrote everything down in a language no one could read. Turned out was all based on sabermetric formulas. Way ahead of their time. 

Mets seem like the team to worry about, Cohen is willing to spend, he also said that they want to develop and not trade there prospects unless its a specific player.

Hopefully the make a deal for Lindor, which takes them out of Bauer.

They could still resign stroman.

also we can cross out the white sox from Stroman's list.  

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

Tell the truth, they make you use the porta-potty outside away from the customers. Those veggie dumps are nasty.

your first statement is incorrect.

your second statement is exceptionally true.

32 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The Blue Jays looked into acquiring Andrelton Simmons prior to the August 31 trade deadline, and now that the shortstop is a free agent, veteran reporter Bob Elliott tweets that Toronto is again interested in Simmons’ services.

I didn't know this. Does anyone know if they made a trade package for him?

If the Jays made an offer I also never heard.  Wonder if it was very low ball since at that point I’d think it would be get something and give Simba a shot at the playoffs.

Do y'all think Noe Ramirez gets nontendered?

He's projected to make 1M-1.2M in arbitration. In 21 innings this season, his ERA was 3.00, but his FIP was 4.52 and his xFIP was 5.49. His K/9 went from 10.51 to 6.00 and his BB/9 went from 2.66 to 3.86. Also, his fastball velocity went down 0.4 mph, his changeup velocity went down 0.8 mph, and his curveball velocity went down 0.9 mph as he enters his age 31 season.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Do y'all think Noe Ramirez gets nontendered?

He's projected to make 1M-1.2M in arbitration. In 21 innings this season, his ERA was 3.00, but his FIP was 4.52 and his xFIP was 5.49. His K/9 went from 10.51 to 6.00 and his BB/9 went from 2.66 to 3.86. Also, his fastball velocity went down 0.4 mph, his changeup velocity went down 0.8 mph, and his curveball velocity went down 0.9 mph as he enters his age 31 season.

At the cost of 1-1.2mil, no, I think he'll be retained.  

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

The Blue Jays looked into acquiring Andrelton Simmons prior to the August 31 trade deadline, and now that the shortstop is a free agent, veteran reporter Bob Elliott tweets that Toronto is again interested in Simmons’ services.

I didn't know this. Does anyone know if they made a trade package for him?

Bo Bichette went down with a sprained knee in mid-August for a month. Simmons was coming back from his own injury and there were some twitter rumors out there but it never went anywhere. The Blue Jays traded for Jonathan Villar at the trade deadline instead.

On 11/10/2020 at 1:12 PM, Blarg said:

The problem they had was the Sumerians wrote everything down in a language no one could read. Turned out was all based on sabermetric formulas. Way ahead of their time. 

Guess you listened to this week's "Luncheon with @Tank" podcast where he basically covered this very subject.  

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Guess you listened to this week's "Luncheon with @Tank" podcast where he basically covered this very subject.  

that was a fun one to research. thanks for the "like."

see you next week when we cover the history of beer making in ancient egypt.

45 minutes ago, Lou said:

Which is utter bullshit. 

He will get reinstated. But it’s probably gonna be another few years. He was a miserable bag of shit the entire time I knew him While he was in baseball. Since he’s been out he’s been happy go lucky and fun to be around

Edited by Adam