• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

Give me Kolten Wong or Cesar Hernandez

I think the Angels should also look at Eaton for RF as a 1-year stop gap until Marsh or Adell are ready. 

Reunite him with Rendon and give us a really good OBP guy with some pop, good speed. 

31 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Wong for 2B and Eaton (RF) are available. I think the Angels should add these two. 

Thoughts?

Always been a big fan of Kolton Wong.  This guy is just a solid ball player.  I’m less interested in Eaton, but agree that some kind short term move in RF is probably a good idea.  I just think that the money we’d have to spend for Eaton (not much but more than we should spend) needs to go to pitching. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Wong for 2B and Eaton (RF) are available. I think the Angels should add these two. 

Thoughts?

Player A: .226/.285/.384, 75 wRC+, -0.5 fWAR

Player B: .277/.333/.383, 100 wRC+, 0.5 fWAR

Player A is Adam Eaton and Player B is Taylor Ward. Is Eaton really an upgrade over what the Angels have? Maybe if he was super cheap, like 3 million or less. Also, there are rumblings that Eaton isn't the greatest clubhouse guy.

Wong would be a good addition,  but it depends on the cost. Wong at 2B with Fletcher at SS would be outstanding defensively and would be sufficient offensively.

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Player A: .226/.285/.384, 75 wRC+, -0.5 fWAR

Player B: .277/.333/.383, 100 wRC+, 0.5 fWAR

Player A is Adam Eaton and Player B is Taylor Ward. Is Eaton really an upgrade over what the Angels have? Maybe if he was super cheap, like 3 million or less. Also, there are rumblings that Eaton isn't the greatest clubhouse guy.

Wong would be a good addition,  but it depends on the cost. Wong at 2B with Fletcher at SS would be outstanding defensively and would be sufficient offensively.

Let's take Eaton's 3-year average, not just this past season where he was hurt for most of it. 

Eaton won't cost a lot of money, nor will Wong command a huge payday. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Let's take Eaton's 3-year average, not just this past season where he was hurt for most of it. 

If they come cheap, then the Angels should absolutely go after them. I don't know what the Angels budget is, but they're going to have to be mindful of whatever it is to make sure that they can upgrade the pitching since that's' priority #1.

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

If they come cheap, then the Angels should absolutely go after them. I don't know what the Angels budget is, but they're going to have to be mindful of whatever it is to make sure that they can upgrade the pitching since that's' priority #1.

I agree with all of that. I just don't think they will cost much. 

If Wong is too expensive roll with C. Hernandez on a 1 year deal, same with Eaton. 

But yeah, all of the majority of the money should be going to SP and RP. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Thoughts?

Eaton has played only one full season in the last four. Pass.

Wong is a toolsy second baseman with no power and struggles to hit league average. Pass.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Lets take 4 years. 23 games, 95 games, 151 games then only 41 of 60 this season. His ops+ has been on a steady decline, this year it was 76. 

Eaton isn't going to cost a lot because he shouldn't be on an MLB roster.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Eaton has played only one full season in the last four. Pass.

Wong is a toolsy second baseman with no power and struggles to hit league average. Pass.

Both are cheap and only needed for a year. It's a no brainer if they can sign for little $$. 

We don't have a RF and we need a 2B. 

Wong and Eaton can platoon with Ward and Barretto. 

laa.png&w=110&h=110

17. Los Angeles Angels

2020 record: 26-34
Fourth in AL West
2021 title odds: 40-1

Billy Eppler is out as general manager after a five-year run that included no winning seasons. Yes, he inherited the bad Albert Pujols contract, but he also inherited Mike Trout and was never able to build a successful team around him, despite additions like Andrelton Simmons, Shohei Ohtani and Anthony Rendon. Simmons is a free agent, Pujols is finally down to his final season and Jared Walsh (.971 OPS, nine home runs in 99 at-bats, a low 13.9% strikeout rate) has to play. The immediate concerns are trying to turn Jo Adell into a major league hitter (.161, 55 strikeouts, seven walks in 132 PAs), figure out what happened to Ohtani (.190) and Justin Upton (.204) and -- as always -- address the pitching. Sounds like the same story as the past five years.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30151839/mlb-power-rankings-way-too-early-edition-how-dodgers-rays-all-30-teams-stack-2021