• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Whenever I see the words "cheap", "platoon", and something to the effect of "only for a year or two until player X is ready to take over the position", I know its going to be a long off-season. Sounds like the last 5 off-seasons. 

I don't expect a big splash this offseason and I don't expect a winning season next year unless there are drastic changes. I expect another sub .500 season unless we add some quality pitching both in the starting rotation and relief. 

12 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Seriously hope we put a claim in

You have to hope whoever is calling the shots currently sees how easily Hand could fit into the picture... isn't that was they paid to get Allen?   Hell, claim him and then try to trade him if all you want it to add talent to the system.  If we or someone below us doesn't claim him, I can see Seattle claiming him for the sole purposes of trading him.  Would be a really really smart move.   

1 minute ago, rafibomb said:

C'mon ghost GM you know what you need to do. He is probably claimed by someone with higher priority than us though.

IF any of the teams below us with any semblance of an above average budget (like Boston), don't pick him up then it's a pretty clear we are in for a really weird offseason.  I really hope the Angels see the obvious value and if he is there when they can claim him, actually do.

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

C'mon ghost GM you know what you need to do. He is probably claimed by someone with higher priority than us though.

We’re either 5th or 6th in line depending if the Royals have higher priority (doubt they’d claim him anyways).

Before us are:

Texas (been made public they’re cutting payroll, doubt they claim him)

Detroit (still rebuilding, probably not)

Boston (maybe, though I think if they’re spending money again it would go to starting pitching)

Baltimore (maybe, not sure they’re ready to spend that much on a reliever)

I think we have a pretty good chance of getting him if we put a claim in

So, i've been thinking. Player's like Wong, Hand and many more to come are getting waviered, and these players, i would consider them to be good not elite, but worth the 10 or 12 mil. How does this change  free agency. 

Could you sign Hendriks to contract worth 10 mil? 

How about position players? guys like Simmons, Hernandez, la Stella below their market price?

Guys like Richards, Ray, Kluber? 

6 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Whenever I see the words "cheap", "platoon", and something to the effect of "only for a year or two until player X is ready to take over the position", I know its going to be a long off-season. Sounds like the last 5 off-seasons. 

I don't expect a big splash this offseason and I don't expect a winning season next year unless there are drastic changes. I expect another sub .500 season unless we add some quality pitching both in the starting rotation and relief. 

my favorite line is "but when he's healthy . . ."