• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Really hoping Blue Jays can get Springer. Mets already have a solid rotation so they might go after Brantley if they miss on Springer. 

Likely leaving Bauer between Angels and White Sox

Bauer market much deeper than i thought, Angels, Mets, Jays, Chisox... Mets seem to have greater need in OF.  Still think its really between us and Chisox.

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

Bauer market much deeper than i thought, Angels, Mets, Jays, Chisox... Mets seem to have greater need in OF.  Still think its really between us and Chisox.

I don't think the Angels have enough payroll space to sign Bauer AND still fill the other vacancies with the team (back end starter, late inning reliever, and RF). And I just don't think the Angels fit what he said he values in a team, an organization that will partner with him on marketing. The Angels stars (Trout, Rendon, Ohtani and Pujols) don't go out of their way to market themselves like that and the team certainly takes pride in the fact that they don't force them into roles they don't want to be in. 

Honestly, I think Bauer waited too long. I think his suitors have dried up and he won't get what he's looking for. The Mets went a different direction by getting Carrasco and are allocating money toward an OF. The Angels have too many needs and aren't the right fit. The White Sox went and acquired Lance Lynn to fill out the rotation and have since focused on lengthening and strengthening their bullpen, which is a smart move. The Dodgers certainly don't need to overspend on him. 

I think Bauer is going to get suck with taking a lesser than anticipated deal with the Blue Jays, which, good for them.

13 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I don't think the Angels have enough payroll space to sign Bauer AND still fill the other vacancies with the team (back end starter, late inning reliever, and RF). And I just don't think the Angels fit what he said he values in a team, an organization that will partner with him on marketing. The Angels stars (Trout, Rendon, Ohtani and Pujols) don't go out of their way to market themselves like that and the team certainly takes pride in the fact that they don't force them into roles they don't want to be in. 

Honestly, I think Bauer waited too long. I think his suitors have dried up and he won't get what he's looking for. The Mets went a different direction by getting Carrasco and are allocating money toward an OF. The Angels have too many needs and aren't the right fit. The White Sox went and acquired Lance Lynn to fill out the rotation and have since focused on lengthening and strengthening their bullpen, which is a smart move. The Dodgers certainly don't need to overspend on him. 

I think Bauer is going to get suck with taking a lesser than anticipated deal with the Blue Jays, which, good for them.

Would Jays have room if they sign Springer?

16 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I agree with virtually all of this.  I never actually thought Bauer was realistic unless they were willing to blow the tax for these next 2 years.
We still need a RF, to lock down the pen, and SP help.
The market is deep on tier two SP, lots of options, and i think Kluber may have set that market as few if any could argue they deserve more than he got.
Everyone wants the ace, the name, but they dont want to pay them and they dont want to give up what it will take to get them in trade, its almost become mental masturbation and were all caught in a giant circle jerk.

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

We likely can’t swing Bauer and Tanaka, right? What about Bauer + Paxton?

Most don't think we can afford Bauer at all, let alone adding another 10-15m to the budget in addition. I'm conservative: I say get Bauer and anything else needed due at minimum or thereabouts. 

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

Most don't think we can afford Bauer at all, let alone adding another 10-15m to the budget in addition. I'm conservative: I say get Bauer and anything else needed due at minimum or thereabouts. 

We cant, if were locked in budget wise, that simple math.
We could if they are willing to forego that for the two years it will take to drop 60M off the payroll. 
If they are not willing to do this, they should have traded Trout.
This is the window weve all talked about Hou falling back, a chance to jump to the front of the line, and if they let those two contracts block it they wasted all our time.  what did they think the plan was for 24?   

35 minutes ago, floplag said:

We cant, if were locked in budget wise, that simple math.
We could if they are willing to forego that for the two years it will take to drop 60M off the payroll. 

If they are not willing to do this, they should have traded Trout.
This is the window weve all talked about Hou falling back, a chance to jump to the front of the line, and if they let those two contracts block it they wasted all our time.  what did they think the plan was for 24?   

That's more or less what I meant, I just didn't state it clearly. 

If Bauer signed today too, I can understand the worry. The more I think about it though I don’t know if we’ll trade for a starter, at least one that has been rumored on the block. 
I’m fine with Barria as the 6th guy if they get Bauer. They have Naughton, Sandoval, Suarez, Detmers, and others in reserve. If they get Richards and Walker and Joc I’m fine with that too.