• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

I remember Stoneman failing to get Miguel Cabrera because of a reported unwillingness to lose Wood, Kendrick, Saunders and Willits. That wasn't the only straw but "F'n Stoneman" definitely came from that era. Fans were fed up with him.

I remember what happened when they Angels didn't get Beltre or Crawford. The fans turned on Reagins and it was brutal.

Dipoto had some diehard fans on this board that blamed Scioscia, even after Jerry bloated payroll and absolutely destroyed the farm and salted the earth it was built upon. By far, the worst minor league system I've ever seen. But the failures of the team required blame and that went on Scioscia at the time.

The Angels failed to have enough pitching year in and year of to the point where we knew Eppler would fail to get the team who they need, and sign some mediocre free agent that would totally blow up in his face. The Ausmus and Doug White hirings didn't exactly help either. Because the farm was good, and because of the Trout extension and Ohtani, the fan base never turned on him, but had he not been fired, it was likely only a matter of time.

If the Angels don't get Bauer, this fan base may turn on Minasian real fast. They've endured a decade of overpaid, underperforming teams and are clearly sick of it.

The Angels need Bauer for Minasian's sake. Or more accurately they need to win and they need upside pitching to do that and Bauer is so that's left after failing to get Snell, Darvish, Musgrove, Castillo or Gray.