• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

22 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I know it has been said that if the Blue Jays land George Springer that they won't have enough money to pay Trevor Bauer, but is that true? 

If the price Heyman reported is true, could be more than 125 million, then I wouldn't say it's impossible they pay Bauer but it's definitely unlikely.

Edited by rafibomb

4 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

With Springer potentially deciding between Jays and Mets tonight or tomorrow, do you guys think this will lead to Bauer coming to a decision as well? I would say yes but with Bauer who the hell knows anymore.

Like you said, who knows anymore. 

Seems like the interest from fans of all teams has gone away. My guess he’s waiting and hoping he gets what he thinks he deserves

7 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

With Springer potentially deciding between Jays and Mets tonight or tomorrow, do you guys think this will lead to Bauer coming to a decision as well? I would say yes but with Bauer who the hell knows anymore.

Can the Mets make a decision without a GM?

31 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I know it has been said that if the Blue Jays land George Springer that they won't have enough money to pay Trevor Bauer, but is that true? 

Rogers has money. Like Arte, if they wanted to spend they could. 

It would’ve looked horrible had they been shutout this offseason after being linked to everyone. 

It crazy that the Jays have gone from the ALCS to full rebuild back to flirting with competing again while we’ve been spinning our tires in mud. Quite frustrating 

It’s been very quiet on the Bauer front as a whole. Either everyone stopped caring or maybe he has signed somewhere already? He has said he wants to break the news himself.

Maybe that’s why Perry signed Suzuki? With Contreras and many other catchers still around what was the rush to sign Suzuki? Maybe he landed Bauer and immediately went and nabbed a cheap catcher

51 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Rogers has money. Like Arte, if they wanted to spend they could. 

It would’ve looked horrible had they been shutout this offseason after being linked to everyone. 

It crazy that the Jays have gone from the ALCS to full rebuild back to flirting with competing again while we’ve been spinning our tires in mud. Quite frustrating 

their best seasons in the last 27 years have been 93 wins in 2015, 89 wins in 2016,  and 88 wins in 1998.  They were on pace to win 86 games last year.  

They're flirting with competing about as much as the halos are.  They're pitching staff is Ryu, Robbie Ray, Tanner Roark, Ross Stripling.  Bundy had a better 2020 than Ryu.  

take a second to look stuff up once in awhile.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

their best seasons in the last 27 years have been 93 wins in 2015, 89 wins in 2016,  and 88 wins in 1998.  They were on pace to win 86 games last year.  

They're flirting with competing about as much as the halos are.  They're pitching staff is Ryu, Robbie Ray, Tanner Roark, Ross Stripling.  Bundy had a better 2020 than Ryu.  

That would thwart his idiocy. 

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

lol man this fan base.

I said their quick turn around/rebuild has been impressive. They have a solid farm system (better than the Angels) and Nate Pearson has all the stuff to be a future ace.

They went to the ALCS in back to back years. Tore it all down, rebuilt it and were in the playoffs last year and are trending upwards. 

What they’ve done has been impressive, to say otherwise would be stupid. 

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

That would thwart his idiocy. 

Here comes LoserLou to chime in and add nothing about baseball as usual. 

I legit just feel bad for you at this point. Find a hobby.