• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

5 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yes, it's sickening and he should be fired. I'm glad this story came out, but geeze from 2016? Come one. 

Why do these people always show up when the perv has just gotten a new job? I mean, did they only just decide to care now that the dude has hit a high enough level of importance to be taken down? Sucks for the Mets that they will likely have to find someone else for their GM job now. Could've been us. 

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

Why do these people always show up when the perv has just gotten a new job? I mean, did they only just decide to care now that the dude has hit a high enough level of importance to be taken down? Sucks for the Mets that they will likely have to find someone else for their GM job now. Could've been us. 

maybe it's been going on for awhile behind the scenes in some form for awhile.  who knows.  who cares.  

she was sexually harassed (allegedly).  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

maybe it's been going on for awhile behind the scenes in some form for awhile.  who knows.  who cares.  

she was sexually harassed (allegedly).  

Could be. Her right to come forward whenever she wants, just weird the timing. Either way, F him, and it still sucks for the Mets.

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Could be. Her right to come forward whenever she wants, just weird the timing. Either way, F him, and it still sucks for the Mets.

maybe its that she's been trying to let it go and then she sees this douche achieving success.  That he's now one of the main guys with major responsibility in a large corporation and it's dawned on her that she doesn't want to see him abuse his power and cause others to suffer the same fate.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

maybe its that she's been trying to let it go and then she sees this douche achieving success.  That he's now one of the main guys with major responsibility in a large corporation and it's dawned on her that she doesn't want to see him abuse his power and cause others to suffer the same fate.  

Yeah, dunno. I've never been in that position (either way, so far as that goes), so I wouldn't know the thinking there. 

5 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Yeah, dunno. I've never been in that position (either way, so far as that goes), so I wouldn't know the thinking there. 

I think it's very unfair to judge him at this point. There is a lot we simply don't know.

1. How hot is the reporter?

2. How impressive is his piece? I mean is this something that should be shared with all women? 

32 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

yeah.  he's gonna get fired.  

I thought the headline was funny because of his sheer stupidity.  After reading all the details, the dude is pretty freaking over the top deranged.

I'm not pulling my previous comments because that's not my style, but I feel bad laughing at the situation and assuming it was Brett Favre redux.  This dude is nuts.

So what do we all think this means for their market now? 
Steve Cohen doesn't have much time to "follow up and review the facts".
He's likely got (2) $100M+ offers to Bauer (maybe) and Springer. Their decisions might change based on this baggage. Especially if rumors are true that Springer might sign this week.  

If they don't want Springer going to the Blue Jays then Porter needs to be fired immediately. 

If not, then I'd expect the Blue Jays to sign Springer and Bauer be between the Angels and White Sox.

Keep in mind that the White Sox have a much deeper rotation and their payroll has never exceeded $130M. Signing Bauer would put them around $145M-$150M.

hmmmmmmm..... Angels.......

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

So what do we all think this means for their market now? 

I think that the result of Springer impacts Bauer.

If the Jays miss out on Springer, they likely make Bauer their #1 priority and they have the money to make it happen. If the Jays get Springer, I think they're out on Bauer. If the Jays are out on Bauer, that significantly hurts Bauer's market, which will likely prompt other teams to jump in and see if they can get Bauer at a lower cost. I'd imagine it would be teams like the Angels, Dodgers, Giants, and White Sox and whoever decides to meet Bauer's asking price gets him.