• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

24 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Prima donna.  Unless you're talking about a time period before there were multiple Madonnas...

Actually I think he's referring to those who are yet to become Madonnas.

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

What's the actual payroll figure at now? 173 million?

I guess we'll see what happens. I just cannot fathom the team being completely out on Bauer before the offseason even started. 

especially when every other team rumored to be in on Bauer has spent a bunch of money in different Angels. Aside from their small 1yr deals, the Angels haven't really added anyone significant to their roster. Not the type of players for a playoff push, at least. 

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

At some point, Arte needs to realize pitching matters, and actually spend money on it. He keeps pushing for bats when he needs arms. 

I mean, he did offer $300 million which was $50 million more than any free agent pitcher ever.  I’m assuming he gets it. 

6 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

At some point, Arte needs to realize pitching matters, and actually spend money on it. He keeps pushing for bats when he needs arms. 

He tried with Cole. And Corbin. And Wheeler. And Greinke. 

You could say he needs to "try harder" but there's only so much he can control. He could offer Bauer 5/180 which is just idiotic and someone else could swoop in and offer him 6/225 and it's like what the fuck do you do?