• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So that's it?

Gone: La Stella, Castro, Goodwin

Arrived: Berreto, Reyes, Naughton, PTBNL

I'm a bit disappointed. I like the Berreto pick-up, am luke-warm on Reyes, and the Goodwin trade depends upon the PTBNL as Naughton doesn't excite me.

Now what? I guess we stomach the next month and hope that Arte is willing to spend on pitching this offseason.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Gone: La Stella, Castro, Goodwin

Arrived: Berreto, Reyes, Naughton, PTBNL

I'm a bit disappointed. I like the Berreto pick-up, am luke-warm on Reyes, and the Goodwin trade depends upon the PTBNL as Naughton doesn't excite me.

Now what? I guess we stomach the next month and hope that Arte is willing to spend on pitching this offseason.

Or the re-enter the trade market for pitching which the cost of pitching is always cheaper in the off season on the trade market.  

It was a very whelming trade deadline to me, nothing flashy. I am hopeful that Barreto will be a good player for us with regular playing time and Reyes is a nice piece in the pen. I was hoping we'd go for more upside in the Goodwin trade but hopefully that's what the PTBNL will provide. I was leaning towards keeping Bundy but trading Simmons would have been nice. 

4 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Really? This has been a dream season.

Get as high as pick as possible in the worst season in MLB history to make the playoffs, and add that to what is basically a .500 team with young studs in the rotation.

Lock up Simmons, maybe sign a reliever, and this team is rolling next year.

A happy packy

11 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Get as high as pick as possible in the worst season in MLB history to make the playoffs, and add that to what is basically a .500 team with young studs in the rotation.

I guess that's one way to look at it. I see a team that now has questions in the middle infield, at first base, in left field, in right field, the lineup quality overall, Ohtani, the entire starting rotation, and the bullpen. Too many question marks to think they could be competitive next year.

35 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Your optimism gives me a boner. 

13 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Eh, I guess I'm just a realist.

There's only a hole in the middle infield if they decide to create one.

So I just see holes at 1B and possibly RF if Marsh busts. Bullpen will probably be great next year, because that's what bullpens do. Rotation is solid.

Im not entirely sure if you are being serious. I think the team lets Simmons walk, but even if they sign him he is something of a question mark. Not sure how anyone could see the rotation as solid. There is still hope but it's quickly running out.

It's a sign that the players that were truly expendable were...just not good players.

And that is our season in a nutshell. This team is...just not good.

I really feel that Arte & Co missed a real chance to do a full tear-down and rebuild the last few years. This "re-loading" BS is just that.

20 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

It's a sign that the players that were truly expendable were...just not good players.

And that is our season in a nutshell. This team is...just not good.

I really feel that Arte & Co missed a real chance to do a full tear-down and rebuild the last few years. This "re-loading" BS is just that.

Which would have required trading Trout.   That’s basically the only difference.  I mean I guess maybe Simmons. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I guess that's one way to look at it. I see a team that now has questions in the middle infield, at first base, in left field, in right field, the lineup quality overall, Ohtani, the entire starting rotation, and the bullpen. Too many question marks to think they could be competitive next year.

5 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I would hold off on judgements of the trade until we know who the PTBNL is.

It is a PTBNL or Cash. This tells me that the PTBNL is a low to moderate prospect not on the Red’s 60 Man Player Pool. The cash may be worth more than the prospect. 

12 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This team is in a real rough spot now... this season has created far more question marks than answers.

I feel like the team exposing its bad side so early on is a pretty good thing, we can address our needs in prep for a full MLB season next year.  I see this as a gift not a curse.

The Rangers were given false hope early on and they've hardly made any moves they really needed to.

14 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Eh, I guess I'm just a realist.

There's only a hole in the middle infield if they decide to create one.

So I just see holes at 1B and possibly RF if Marsh busts. Bullpen will probably be great next year, because that's what bullpens do. Rotation is solid.

Rotation Bundy, Heaney and Canning right now with many ? marks after that. It can be fixed with a Bauer at top of it.

The only way we can be remotely competitive is to acquire top flight pitching this offseason.  Maybe if we can pickup Bauer and draft a near MLB ready college pitcher with our inevitable top 5 pick things can flip around quickly, but we sure don't seem to like investing in SP so that's likely a pipe dream.

17 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

We will probably draft another high ceiling outfielder who needs extensive development time.  Eppler feels you can never have enough.   

Having surplus outfielders especially is finally paying off, I think the league is going to be even more over-saturated with pitching at least the next few years.

I agree that we should not be focusing on position players this draft, make it rain talented pitching.