• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So that's it?

55 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

We will probably draft another high ceiling outfielder who needs extensive development time.  Eppler feels you can never have enough.   

Yea, just like we did with this past draft.  I don’t see him drafting that way unless we win enough games that we don’t get a shot at any of the top 2-3 pitchers.  He’s drafted 3 outfielders in the top 2 rounds, oh and all 3 are in the top 100 prospect in all of baseball.  So is it really a bad idea?

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea, just like we did with this past draft.  I don’t see him drafting that way unless we win enough games that we don’t get a shot at any of the top 2-3 pitchers.  He’s drafted 3 outfielders in the top 2 rounds, oh and all 3 are in the top 100 prospect in all of baseball.  So is it really a bad idea?

Eppler couldn’t do anything other than draft a pitcher this year because the need was so obvious.  

And, the drafting outfielder strategy fails if you overdraft a position and don’t leverage any of the prospects to fulfill positions of need.  Eppler seems like he becomes very attached to his draft picks and is unwilling to part with them.  Oh, and you forgot about taking a !B in Thaiss in the first round.  I don’t see him in the top 100.  

10 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

Eppler couldn’t do anything other than draft a pitcher this year because the need was so obvious.  

And, the drafting outfielder strategy fails if you overdraft a position and don’t leverage any of the prospects to fulfill positions of need.  Eppler seems like he becomes very attached to his draft picks and is unwilling to part with them.  Oh, and you forgot about taking a !B in Thaiss in the first round.  I don’t see him in the top 100.  

Ok.  So all blame no credit.  No Thaiss isn’t in the top 100 but the guy he took after him in the second round is, but nope no credit.