• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brian Goodwin traded to the Reds for Packy Naughton and Jose Salvador

mmc

Just now, totdprods said:

Tejay Antone or Tony Santillan seem sort of possible.

I’ve maintained for awhile that Goodwin should be worth at least a solid #3-4 ceiling MLB-ready SP. Hoping I’m right!

Either of those guys would be great. 

I especially like Antone since he's ready to start NOW! 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Exactly who I think about every time I hear the name. He was fun to watch at UK.

R.I.P.  Jared 

Guy was awesome at UK fun to watch. Even though I despise the Giants. I kind of liked him going there and having someone year runs. Guy I definitely rooted for.  Sad he died. 

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

LOL..  Aww man...   You have no idea who much I agree with this.   

It used to be there was a top 100 list at the end of the year and that crap was the only list until the end of the next season.   Now there is a pre-season list, a post season list, a mid season list... and you have 5 different places compiling lists.

Only Angelswin has a list compiled with contributions from a rocket scientist. 

@ettin

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Tejay Antone or Tony Santillan seem sort of possible.

I’ve maintained for awhile that Goodwin should be worth at least a solid #3-4 ceiling MLB-ready SP. Hoping I’m right!

If Maldonado got us Sandoval shouldn't Goodwin get us similar with an extra year?

Ranked Cincinnati Reds #17 prospect in 2020
TRACK RECORD: Naughton logged a 6.93 ERA in three years at Virginia Tech, but the Reds liked his stuff from the left side and drafted him in the ninth round in 2017. Naughton rewarded that faith as one of the system's most durable starters the last two years. He pitched more than 150 innings for the second straight season in 2019 and reached Double-A Chattanooga.

SCOUTING REPORT: Naughton works from a slightly funky, low-three-quarters arm slot that adds deception to his pitch mix. Naughton throws his fastball in the low-90s with average command despite his arm slot. His main weapon is his plus changeup, which has excellent deception, depth and armside run off of his heater. Naughton can spin a breaking ball with some shape, but it isn't nearly as effective as his other two offerings. He is able to repeat his arm slot despite his delivery and has developed above-average control as a professional.

THE FUTURE: Naughton's durability, pitch-mix and control give him a chance to stick as a back-of-the rotation starter. His stuff and arm slot give him a fallback as a lefty reliever.