• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Kumar Rocker/Jack Leiter/Jaden Hill sweepstakes

I just realized that there are hardly any African American pitchers in baseball. David Price, Chris Archer, C.C. Sabathia, and ... ? 

It would be awesome to have a star pitcher who is both Indian American and African American. I'm on Team Kumar.

Right, I hate the idea of tanking, plus managers and players aren’t going to not try to win games.  By the time these draft picks are impactful in the major leagues Maddon will be retired.  Not to mention with the current turnover rate on the average major league teams 75% of the players will no longer be on the team a few years later when even the best draftees are on that team.  

4 hours ago, RendZone said:

Sadly they’re not tanking. What you’re watching is real. 

No i mean in general.. some would be all for it, i would not.
But you are correct this isnt an act were just playing the usual Halo baseball finding ways to lose games we should win.   Same shit diff season.

Can't wait for us to go on a 6 game winning streak to end the season and get stuck with the 8th pick of the draft. But seriously, Rocker and Leiter would be HUGE for our future rotation. It also looks like there's a huge dropoff in starting pitching talent after Rocker and Leiter so picking 3rd instead of 2nd would be pretty shitty. Jaden Hill looks to be pretty good though.

Edited by rafibomb

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

I just realized that there are hardly any African American pitchers in baseball. David Price, Chris Archer, C.C. Sabathia, and ... ? 

It would be awesome to have a star pitcher who is both Indian American and African American. I'm on Team Kumar.

If the guy can pitch well what does it matter if he is Indian American or African American or American at all? 

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

Right, I hate the idea of tanking, plus managers and players aren’t going to not try to win games.  By the time these draft picks are impactful in the major leagues Maddon will be retired.  Not to mention with the current turnover rate on the average major league teams 75% of the players will no longer be on the team a few years later when even the best draftees are on that team.  

Rocker could be in the bigs in less than a year after being drafted.  He turns 21 in a couple of months.  

If there were ever a season where I'd condone tanking, this is it.  This is the best opportunity for this team to get a top draft pick.  

A 60 game championship would be cool.  Sort of.   But ultimately would be looked upon as a side show.  

50 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Rocker could be in the bigs in less than a year after being drafted.  He turns 21 in a couple of months.  

If there were ever a season where I'd condone tanking, this is it.  This is the best opportunity for this team to get a top draft pick.  

A 60 game championship would be cool.  Sort of.   But ultimately would be looked upon as a side show.  

Do you think Leiter would be a nice consolation prize or do you think it’s quite a drop off from Rocker to Leiter?

18 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Do you think Leiter would be a nice consolation prize or do you think it’s quite a drop off from Rocker to Leiter?

Leiter would be a drop off IMO, you want pitchers that are build like tanks ala Lackey, Colon Sabathia etc etc

Problem is we have to tank to acquire the tank, this lineup will have days where it can't do wrong and we will win games, I don't see the Angels getting anything higher than top 3 pick.  Our pitching will have to be historically bad for us to have the worst record in baseball.

The idea of a pitching staff consisting of Kumar Rocker or Jack Leiter/Chris Rodriguez/Dylan Bundy/Shohei Ohtani/Reid Detmers/Andrew Heaney/Griffin Canning with Patrick Sandoval, Jose Suarez, and Jaime Barria as depth sounds like something to be excited about and that's not including any FA acquisitions.

tenor.gif?itemid=4094143

Edited by rafibomb

6 hours ago, rafibomb said:

The idea of a pitching staff consisting of Kumar Rocker or Jack Leiter/Chris Rodriguez/Dylan Bundy/Shohei Ohtani/Reid Detmers/Andrew Heaney/Griffin Canning with Patrick Sandoval, Jose Suarez, and Jaime Barria as depth sounds like something to be excited about and that's not including any FA acquisitions.

tenor.gif?itemid=4094143

Excited because it would net us another top 5 pick the following year or?