• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I’m disappointed

kevinb

I honestly thought the Angels were going to kill it this year. Shortened season or not I thought with the upgrades and rebounds we’d finish first place in the west. I still believe there’s time to do that. But just disappointed this team isn’t better. I don’t know what else to say. 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I honestly thought the Angels were going to kill it this year. Shortened season or not I thought with the upgrades and rebounds we’d finish first place in the west. I still believe there’s time to do that. But just disappointed this team isn’t better. I don’t know what else to say. 

i think there's something missing culturally. i don't know what that is.

also luck. it would be great if we had a few of those most everything goes right seasons.

I figured they looked like a .500 team with the pitching question marks. That said, the offense is scoring runs, the rotation has actually been surprising in a good way(minus Ohtani). The pen stinks, but that alone shouldn't be why they are currently sitting as one of the worst teams in baseball through 1/3 of the season. Manager certainly isn't getting the most out of this bunch

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

i think there's something missing culturally. i don't know what that is.

This is exactly how I feel, and it just makes me sad. 

Friday night, the A's scored 5 runs in the 9th inning and 1 in the 10th to beat the Giants by 1. Last night, the A's scored 4 runs in the 9th inning to beat the Giants by 1. 

The Angels spent most of the first decade of this century being that team: the team that fought to the end, the team that other AL fan bases - especially the Yankees - truly hated, because of the Angels' ability to come up with clutch hits and grind out wins. 

Last night, the Angels lost in extra innings, tying run on second, when their best player went down on three pitches without even taking the bat off his shoulder. I'm not upset with Trout (there is a whole other thread for that) because every Hall of Famer had terrible at bats in his career; I'm upset with what it symbolized. Jansen didn't hesitate to throw strikes. He didn't bother wasting any pitches outside the zone. He wasn't the least bit afraid of the Angels and, as it turns out, he had no need to be. 

It's clear to me how the A's got where they are: they tanked for several years, just like the Astros and Cubs before them, and now they are reaping the benefits. They are going to make the postseason for the third year in a row. 

Less clear to me is how the Angels got here, with a losing record for the fifth year in a row. Massive contracts to guys who contribute almost nothing? They don't help, no. Mismanagement of the farm for years under the two previous GMs has been well documented.

But should the Angels really be this bad, with twice as many losses as wins? 

Something is missing and I don't know exactly what it is. And it makes me sad. 

7 hours ago, robblin17 said:

This entire organization is a piece of shit and needs to be burnt to the ground. Other than Trout, there is not a single redeeming quality about the joke known as Angels. The owner sucks, the players suck, the stadium sucks. It is what it is. 

Damn who rustled your jimmies?

I definitely thought we’d be much better, but if you thought that roster upgrades were enough to get us to 1st in the division, you were setting yourself up to be disappointed.  The Astros and A’s had much better rosters on paper and have proven to be good enough to make the postseason consistently.  It was always going to be an uphill battle to even get 2nd in the division, let alone 1st.

1 hour ago, SoPas Angel said:

This is exactly how I feel, and it just makes me sad. 

Friday night, the A's scored 5 runs in the 9th inning and 1 in the 10th to beat the Giants by 1. Last night, the A's scored 4 runs in the 9th inning to beat the Giants by 1. 

The Angels spent most of the first decade of this century being that team: the team that fought to the end, the team that other AL fan bases - especially the Yankees - truly hated, because of the Angels' ability to come up with clutch hits and grind out wins. 

Last night, the Angels lost in extra innings, tying run on second, when their best player went down on three pitches without even taking the bat off his shoulder. I'm not upset with Trout (there is a whole other thread for that) because every Hall of Famer had terrible at bats in his career; I'm upset with what it symbolized. Jansen didn't hesitate to throw strikes. He didn't bother wasting any pitches outside the zone. He wasn't the least bit afraid of the Angels and, as it turns out, he had no need to be. 

It's clear to me how the A's got where they are: they tanked for several years, just like the Astros and Cubs before them, and now they are reaping the benefits. They are going to make the postseason for the third year in a row. 

Less clear to me is how the Angels got here, with a losing record for the fifth year in a row. Massive contracts to guys who contribute almost nothing? They don't help, no. Mismanagement of the farm for years under the two previous GMs has been well documented.

But should the Angels really be this bad, with twice as many losses as wins? 

Something is missing and I don't know exactly what it is. And it makes me sad. 

I feel like this team is full of distractions. 

This is an extremely disappointing ball club. Perhaps the most disappointing of Eppler’s tenure. And it doesn’t give me a lot of optimism that next year will be better. This organization needs to add about a dozen high quality arms to its big league roster and upper minor leagues. And I don’t see that happening anytime soon.