• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I’m disappointed

kevinb

14 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It wasn't hard to see this all coming. The team was again in very desperate need of pitching and Arte again intervened to break the bank on a superstar hitter on the wrong side of 30. Why did any of you think this failed strategy would work this time?

The biggest issue is that they put themselves into a situation where they need to constantly go outside the organization to try to find a savior instead of actual finishing touches.   My big fear is they will try to another quick fix and move guys like Detmers or Chris Rodriguez for a Vinny Pestano..  

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I hate when the team sucks and we have all these stupid arguments.

When was the last time this team was good? It hasn’t been good while Eppler has been GM. 

It’s now Eppler’s 5th season and this team is well on their way to another below .500 season. 

Analytics and the ‘should be’ are just part of the equation. First couple of seasons that’ll work as a defence but not year 5. Enough is enough. 

15 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It’s too bad that criticizing Melvin has been officially deemed racist. I see the superfans are in desperation mode. 

Don't misrepresent shit.   Others don't have a history of attacking certain players almost exclusively or get posts pulled for being overtly racist on weekly basis...   But trying to paint anyone who thinks that sort of shit is bullshit as a superfan and running a false narrative seems really on point for this.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

When the core of Stoneman's drafts and player development still made up the majority of the team.  

When owners start meddling it rarely works out. I view Arte much like I do Jerry Jones, Al Davis, Dan Snyder, Mark Cuban. Maybe not to the same extent but they’re similar in that sense that they interfere.

Like you said, we were successful due to the foundation already laid in place before Arte purchased the team (Stoneman). Over time as the foundation has needed repairing, Arte has failed and seems to be out of his element. I’m not saying he isn’t trying because he certainly seems willing to spend but there’s much more that goes into it all (obviously) and that’s where this whole organization goes to shit imo. I think we can all agree the issues this organzation is having trying to win goes beyond surface level.

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

He himself said this two years ago. He's admitting that the game has sped up on him. You're too blinded by him wearing an Angels uniform to admit it.

Seeing what IP brought up and Upton said, sounds like simply a confidence issue?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Just now, eligrba said:

Who is Melvin?

So get this and try really hard not to laugh.  So Justin Upton has a brother, his name was BJ, then he started going by his birth name.  That birth name is Melvin.  See now Melvin was never as good as BJ.  So there are a few very funny guys on here who call Justin by the name Melvin, because of how funny it is.  Hopefully you don’t get a cramp from all the laughing you are undoubtedly doing.  

Just now, Stradling said:

So get this and try really hard not to laugh.  So Justin Upton has a brother, his name was BJ, then he started going by his birth name.  That birth name is Melvin.  See now Melvin was never as good as BJ.  So there are a few very funny guys on here who call Justin by the name Melvin, because of how funny it is.  Hopefully you don’t get a cramp from all the laughing you are undoubtedly doing.  

So they call Justin by his brother’s name......that really elevates the lameness of the comment.

Thanks for the clarification. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Would it bother you if we called him BJ instead. 

Oh and I would say one of the biggest differences between Adell performing as a 21 year old compared to Tatis performing at the age of 20 is due largely to the fact that Tatis came from the Dominican and probably had his life dedicated to baseball for as long as he can remember.  Also Tatis looks like he might be a generational talent.  It would be like comparing Judge to Trout and questioning why he didn’t come up until he was 24.  Judge is obviously a great player, but Trout is generational and comparing anyone to him is tough and probably unfair.  Obviously Tatis has to keep doing what he is doing, but I think he was the fastest SS to 30 home runs.  Dude is so fun to watch.