• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I’m disappointed

kevinb

2 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Melvin is below all of his career numbers in his time with the Angels, it's not just this season. There is literally zero reason to think he's going to turn it around at age 33. He came here to fall off a cliff like everyone else does.

Ok.  There is also zero reason to believe his current level of play is what he is going to continue to be.  

2 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Melvin is below all of his career numbers in his time with the Angels, it's not just this season. There is literally zero reason to think he's going to turn it around at age 33. He came here to fall off a cliff like everyone else does.

It's amazing how they always point in some other teams direction to rationalize things. Ok let me try one. How did 20 year old 8th rated prospect Fernando Tatis Jr show up and rake last season and this year while 21 year old Adell is trying to hang on.

10 minutes ago, RendZone said:

IP, he sucks. You and a few others just need to understand that and accept that he is no longer a star player. He just gets paid like one.

I understand his being black bothers you, but I will continue to base my opinion of him on the same things I always have -- data.    I actually am worried that there is an erosion in his skill set, but giving him the same benefit of the doubt I do all players and applying the same statistical analysis I always do...  I'm not ready to declare him dead in the water.  I do however wonder if the dude needs glasses.

But you be you, and Ill be me.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Except he's been saying that he's been saying he sucks and he's overpaid since he got here....  

Oh, I was going with him creating the narrative that we all talk about other teams and then he brings up Tatis and Adell.  The same Adell he tells us is going to be great in a couple of years.  So he is just doing his trolling, because he can.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

There’s WAY too many good players across baseball hitting under .200 for me to believe Upton is simply finished. 

Yeah, that's my sense, too. Upton looks timid, which makes me think the problem is between his ears. 

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is probably the worst place to be. To suck but not really understand why. Normally these things would play out over the first ~60 games of a season and then you'd make adjustments. Now the season will just be over.

It doesn't feel like a real season, more of an extended spring training. The Angels should be playing to develop a contender for next year.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I hate when the team sucks and we have all these stupid arguments.

To quote Nick Nolte in The Thin Red Line, "the only time you start worrying about a soldier is when he stops bitching." The stupid arguments are...fun. I guess. But consider how this place is when we're doing well: you can hear a pin drop.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I understand his being black bothers you, but I will continue to base my opinion of him on the same things I always have -- data.    I actually am worried that there is an erosion in his skill set, but giving him the same benefit of the doubt I do all players and applying the same statistical analysis I'm not ready to declare him dead in the water.  

But you be you, and Ill be me.

First cut the BS about him being black bothers me. He openly admits that the game has sped up on him but unfortunately it had to happen after his extension. He's in decline and there's nothing we can do about it. 

The Less Upton and Pujols play, the better we are at the moment. On that note, i'm not expecting much out of pujols,  and i'm perfectly fine with him platnoon with La Stella once Simmons returns. But, Upton  needs to Turn it around. 

Now the Pitching, Outside of Bundy and Sandavol,. the rest of the guy have forgotten the Callaway school of pitching and have went back to the  Cj Wilson school of pitching. 

4 minutes ago, RendZone said:

First cut the BS about him being black bothers me. He openly admits that the game has sped up on him but unfortunately it had to happen after his extension. He's in decline and there's nothing we can do about it. 

LOL..  The only thing saving you from having me expose all your racist BS is the fact that they get hidden almost as quickly as you post them.   Even your post saying it was a good signing was a picture of a black dude wearing grills.  When have you done that for anyone who isn't of color.

As far as that quote goes..  You taking something out of context and repeating it as fact isn't proof of anything other than your need to lie to yourself in order to push forward with your narratives.  Lastly, he likely is in decline.  That's the typical outcome for players his age.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

There's absolutely zero quantity of that intangible thing called "grit", like we had in 2002. Erstad, Eckstein, Salmon, Spiezio, Percy...etc.

we made a lot of fun of 'grit', but it was that innate desire to never-say-die. we haven't seen much of that in recent years.

i miss the 2000s. We built a winning team and seemed to have changed to a winning culture in this town.

also, we haven't won a WS since mickey hatcher was let go...

Edited by Tank

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

LOL..  The only thing saving you from having me expose all your racist BS is the fact that they get hidden almost as quickly as you post them.   Even your post saying it was a good signing was a picture of a black dude wearing grills.  When have you done that for anyone who isn't of color.

You taking something out of context and repeating it as fact isn't proof of anything other than your need to lie to yourself in order to push forward with your narratives.  Lastly, he likely is in decline.  That's the typical outcome for players his age.

I guess you forgot about Toriitown. He was my favorite Angels player ever.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

As far as that quote goes..  You taking something out of context and repeating it as fact isn't proof of anything other than your need to lie to yourself in order to push forward with your narratives.  Lastly, he likely is in decline.  That's the typical outcome for players his age.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:00 AM, Ohtaniland said:

I think it’s a win-win. Nothing outrageous and he fills big a need. 

2F337EB9-8AED-4F9B-A998-1F3671154C8D.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

To quote Nick Nolte in The Thin Red Line, "the only time you start worrying about a soldier is when he stops bitching." The stupid arguments are...fun. I guess. But consider how this place is when we're doing well: you can hear a pin drop.

remember, some people aren't happy here unless they're completely miserable.

Just now, RendZone said:

I guess you forgot about Toriitown. He was my favorite Angels player ever.

Yes, are you going to tell us how you have black friends too?    Your need for attention pretty much supersedes everything.  Meanwhile you get at least one tasteless racism tinged post per week removed on average...    

Look, as much as you want to make this about you and then run the "stop attacking me" flag up the flag pole.  I don't care.

You've been shit-posting Upton since he got here.  Right now, he's worthy of criticism -- whether this is a new level of performance or another one of his slumps is open for debate and I can't say definitively he's done or will be back.  As an Angels fan, I hope he bounces back because him being horseshit would have a negative impact on the team, and it's the team's success I actually give a shit about.