• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Update: Cardinals players, Phillies coach and staffer test positive - 15 Marlins players and two coaches test positive, games postponed

nate

22 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

These little suspension of plays is worrisome. I thought they set aside players just for this very reason? 

If we have to finish in last place and lose most of our games I'd rather it end now than go through a two-month agony.

We're not a playoff team even with the extra wild cards.

39 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

These little suspension of plays is worrisome. I thought they set aside players just for this very reason? 

Not knowing the exact protocols, I'd guess they need to determine everyone who has COVID on MIA and any other team who may be affected. Once that's determined, they probably need to isolate the whole team, since it meets the criteria for a teamwide outbreak, for a specified number of days. Once that's done, then they'd probably start calling up the taxi squad. I'd guess if it was as simple as "next man up," that'd already be done.

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

You can't really replace starters with minor leaguers.  1 sure, 2 maybe.  That's like people getting injured in the course of the season.  But in the Marlins case, we are talking 15 out of 30.  And not only that, but the other 15 probably should quarantine also.  So that means you would be fielding a complete minor league team.

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

WTF.

The link given does not mention once that 6400 tests have been taken since Friday with no positives.  It actually goes on the rail the MLB, and particularly Manfried for his response to the Marlin outbreak.

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

What the hell are you talking about?  Of course you can replace half of a team with minor leaguers.  They aren’t pulling average Joe’s off the street to play, these are AAA and AA professional baseball players.  Yes the quality of the team overall and the chance of winning both go down slightly.  I think the amount of times we’ve watched the Angels lose to some AAA starting pitcher will tell you the talent level is not that significant and there is this:  THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE A 60 MAN POOL.

Call up the minor leaguers and play the fucking games.  

Maybe next time your shortstop and left fielder won’t go salsa dancing in South Beach, get infected by a couple of sluts and then ruin your playoff chances.

It's not half the team, it's the entire team.  And probably the entire support staff.  

As Manfried says, as long as there is competitive balance.  There would be none for the Marlins.  

9 hours ago, calscuf said:

What the hell are you talking about?  Of course you can replace half of a team with minor leaguers.  They aren’t pulling average Joe’s off the street to play, these are AAA and AA professional baseball players.  Yes the quality of the team overall and the chance of winning both go down slightly.  I think the amount of times we’ve watched the Angels lose to some AAA starting pitcher will tell you the talent level is not that significant and there is this:  THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE A 60 MAN POOL.

Maybe next time your shortstop and left fielder won’t go salsa dancing in South Beach, get infected by a couple of sluts and then ruin your playoff chances.

I knew there was a reason LBJ took his talents away from South Beach.

21 hours ago, RendZone said:

Humidity is like Covid. Some people can handle it quite well while others don’t. 

Nobody handles it, they just stay inside.

I spent an entire July in Tampa once.  I would imagine it was what the original prophets based hell off of.

Does anyone know what is wrong with a lot of the people that live in Florida? I have a friend there but he just dodges the questions. You always hear weird news stories about things that happened in Florida and now a team in Florida has a lot of its players testing positive for covid-19. What in the world is wrong with that state?

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Does anyone know what is wrong with a lot of the people that live in Florida? I have a friend there but he just dodges the questions. You always hear weird news stories about things that happened in Florida and now a team in Florida has a lot of its players testing positive for covid-19. What in the world is wrong with that state?

The humidity. See Nate's post above yours 

Edited by Jason

51 minutes ago, nate said:

Nobody handles it, they just stay inside.

I spent an entire July in Tampa once.  I would imagine it was what the original prophets based hell off of.

It’s brutal in my opinion. Older people go to Tampa to retire expire. Very quickly. 

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

it would be easier to write down what is right with that state.  Finished.

3 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Gravity.  All the crap from the rest of the country eventually ends up in Florida.  

It's the asshole of the North American continent...

Rumors are, though, they picked up the infection in an Atlanta strip club.

And *that* joke writes itself ...

13 hours ago, calscuf said:

you made many points in this post, but no f'in way is it not a huge deal to field AAA/AA guys to half of an mlb team. the idea that the angels getting beat by a call up or on a sunday when the other team rests a bunch of starters  is analogous to fielding that same team for the next 2 weeks or whatever is very foolish.

AAA/AA teams would get murdered by any mlb team fielding their usual starting lineup. let's not be silly.

also, yes the marlin's players were stupid, but why are they the one's calling the shots.

look at the nba, homeboy broke the bubble and the nba sits him for 10 days or something.