• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Update: Cardinals players, Phillies coach and staffer test positive - 15 Marlins players and two coaches test positive, games postponed

nate

Not sure what test they’re using, but my understanding is that the one available to common folks like us is 50% accurate.  And the inaccuracy is more likely missing positives than more false positives.  Recorded cases are on the rise and that doesn’t include people that can’t get testing for socioeconomic reasons or simply don’t get one if they’re not sick enough.  I’m glad they at least played a few games but would expect things to get shut down before long.

5 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Does anyone know what is wrong with a lot of the people that live in Florida? I have a friend there but he just dodges the questions. You always hear weird news stories about things that happened in Florida and now a team in Florida has a lot of its players testing positive for covid-19. What in the world is wrong with that state?

Demon sperm tv series animation GIF

5 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

And even if the Marlins are just screwing themselves and suck anyway, the real issue is with teams in other divisions that don't get those free wins.

I was thinking it'd be more problematic with teams that don't get to make up those games against them. it throws off the level playing field of everyone playing 60 games. that could cause some problems in the standings at the end of the season.

7 hours ago, Revad said:

Not sure what test they’re using, but my understanding is that the one available to common folks like us is 50% accurate.  And the inaccuracy is more likely missing positives than more false positives.  Recorded cases are on the rise and that doesn’t include people that can’t get testing for socioeconomic reasons or simply don’t get one if they’re not sick enough.  I’m glad they at least played a few games but would expect things to get shut down before long.

here's the science of it. when you're testing within a high positive environment there are very few false positives, while there are significantly higher false negatives. that's a very simple way to express the math of it.

• nate changed the title to Update: Phillies coach and staffer test positive - 15 Marlins players and two coaches test positive, game cancelled
1 hour ago, Blarg said:

A lot of the Mariner players were wearing masks when they were on offense and the First baseman masked up whenever a runner was on. None of the Angels did. 

1 minute ago, sosh said:

How do you know

Read 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just move them to wherever, and move the Rays to Miami.    Only one team should be in Florida anyway, and playing indoors. 

That would be nice, but I doubt the Marlins would ever leave Miami. It’s just too marketable.

it would be like the Doyers moving to TN or Nebraska (I wish).

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

A lot of the Mariner players were wearing masks when they were on offense and the First baseman masked up whenever a runner was on. None of the Angels did. 

It’s an intimidation tactic and a good way to pick off a runner. Some mask wearing cretin isn’t going to want to hang around a mouth breathing first baseman.