Sign in to follow this  
nate

Update: Cardinals players, Phillies coach and staffer test positive - 15 Marlins players and two coaches test positive, games postponed

Recommended Posts

Yikes. Theoretically if the entire team has to quarantine for 14 days that throws a bunch of stuff in disarray. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for the MLB season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday they said that 4 players tested positive and they played anyways.  If it increased to 12, and if any Philly players got it.  Might as well shut it down for good.  2 weeks quarantine, for half the team either throws the entire season out of whack, or the Marlins will be comprised of 12 minor leaguers playing 8ish games in a 60 game season.  Not that it makes a difference on the Marlins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yesterday they said that 4 players tested positive and they played anyways.  If it increased to 12, and if any Philly players got it.  Might as well shut it down for good.  2 weeks quarantine, for half the team either throws the entire season out of whack, or the Marlins will be comprised of 12 minor leaguers playing 8ish games in a 60 game season.  Not that it makes a difference on the Marlins.

Yep. They knew and still allowed the game to go on. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, halonatic13 said:

I'm wondering how these players/coaches got the virus.  Haven't they all been tested and been together longer than 2 weeks?

They aren't in a bubble.  They could have gotten it at the airport, hotel, anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

I'm wondering how these players/coaches got the virus.  Haven't they all been tested and been together longer than 2 weeks?

According to some articles I read, they tested clean going into the series with Philly.  So good question.  

Were they asymptomatic and testing negative going into philly?  Did they get it in Philly?  Remember that Philly was a hotspot not so long ago.  How many players were tested going in, during, and going out?  How long did the tests take to get the results?  Were these tests done at the start of the series, and they just got the results in on Sunday for the 4?  

You canceled the Marlins Baltimore game.  But what about the Yanks/Philly game?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d assume that before they’d cancel the season it would have to spread from one team to another.  Right now we have a single team outbreak which is obviously bad.  But if no one on the Phillies got it then playing isn’t probably creating the risk.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phillys vs Yankees cancelled today because they have to douche the stadium. This Covid-19 situation is going to continue to cause issues for teams. If it hits home you can bet that Trout is going to bow out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the players association shut down the bubble environment idea? Not ideal; and I understand the concerns but it really was the best idea.
 

All this travel is going to cause outbreaks throughout the season, If this outbreak doesn’t cancel it. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Did the players association shut down the bubble environment idea? Not ideal; and I understand the concerns but it really was the best idea.
 

All this travel is going to cause outbreaks throughout the season, If this outbreak doesn’t cancel it. . 

Yeah it was MLBPA, but also, MLB rosters are much bigger than MLS and NBA rosters so it is a different beast, plus I don't blame the players but I don't see this continuing much longer before everything is shut down.

Imagine the NFL and NCAAF that wan't to play with rosters 2-3x bigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this