• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Update: Cardinals players, Phillies coach and staffer test positive - 15 Marlins players and two coaches test positive, games postponed

nate

Yesterday they said that 4 players tested positive and they played anyways.  If it increased to 12, and if any Philly players got it.  Might as well shut it down for good.  2 weeks quarantine, for half the team either throws the entire season out of whack, or the Marlins will be comprised of 12 minor leaguers playing 8ish games in a 60 game season.  Not that it makes a difference on the Marlins.

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yesterday they said that 4 players tested positive and they played anyways.  If it increased to 12, and if any Philly players got it.  Might as well shut it down for good.  2 weeks quarantine, for half the team either throws the entire season out of whack, or the Marlins will be comprised of 12 minor leaguers playing 8ish games in a 60 game season.  Not that it makes a difference on the Marlins.

Yep. They knew and still allowed the game to go on. 

3 minutes ago, halonatic13 said:

I'm wondering how these players/coaches got the virus.  Haven't they all been tested and been together longer than 2 weeks?

According to some articles I read, they tested clean going into the series with Philly.  So good question.  

Were they asymptomatic and testing negative going into philly?  Did they get it in Philly?  Remember that Philly was a hotspot not so long ago.  How many players were tested going in, during, and going out?  How long did the tests take to get the results?  Were these tests done at the start of the series, and they just got the results in on Sunday for the 4?  

You canceled the Marlins Baltimore game.  But what about the Yanks/Philly game?

2 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Did the players association shut down the bubble environment idea? Not ideal; and I understand the concerns but it really was the best idea.

All this travel is going to cause outbreaks throughout the season, If this outbreak doesn’t cancel it. . 

Yeah it was MLBPA, but also, MLB rosters are much bigger than MLS and NBA rosters so it is a different beast, plus I don't blame the players but I don't see this continuing much longer before everything is shut down.

Imagine the NFL and NCAAF that wan't to play with rosters 2-3x bigger.