• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election

2020 Election  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you value more?

• The U.S. Constitution and the will of the voters
    • #Overturn!

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I kind of think it's gonna be Susan Rice. 

I was going to post this.

I've been hearing about her and how Joe has worked with her. 

Interesting to see how it plays out. 

Edited by Redondo

Does anyone know if this will be the latest that a major presidential candidate has picked their running mate?  I realize it's not necessarily him picking it just seems like it's pretty late to have not made a choice but that's probably because of how important it is as no one really expects Biden to make it through a 4 year term. 

50 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I was going to post this.

I've been hearing about her and how Joe has worked with her. 

Interesting to see how it plays out. 

She just seems like a pretty safe pick. Her big negative is that she has never ran for office or really sought higher office, but I think to some people that could be a plus. All the other names getting thrown around have a lot of baggage and risk stepping on the coalition Biden is forming.

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Does anyone know if this will be the latest that a major presidential candidate has picked their running mate?  I realize it's not necessarily him picking it just seems like it's pretty late to have not made a choice but that's probably because of how important it is as no one really expects Biden to make it through a 4 year term. 

I seem to recall a majority of candidates announcing their VP pick at the conventions during the 70-90s, but it’s possible I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I get the harm reduction because Trump is an idiot and can't keep his mouth or rather twitter feed shut and all he cares about is stroking his own ego rather than being a leader which he absolutely is not as a president.  That said the harm that's been going on in this country goes back decades and both parties are absolutely responsible.  I don't really care a whole lot about our standing in the world because as long as I've been alive we get criticized no matter what we do yet a lot of other countries always turn to us to get involved or expect our troops to stay, i.e. Germany recently.  The EU has benefited because they've expected the US to step in which we've done and that's been the case all over the world for decades.  If we want to do some real harm reduction there needs to be massive changes when it comes to fiscal policy, our military use and corporate influence among other things.  Frankly I don't see anything being promoted by either side that addresses any of the issues really plaguing the country because unpopular choices need to be made before it's too late and neither side will do that because they would feel it at the polls. 

For me, getting rid of Trump is triage for this country, I have no delusions that we'll be making great long term strides with Biden, but at least with Biden, it's possible to make some progress from where we are now. The time to be pissed about Biden's status quo BS is over, I did that back in the primaries and it's in the past now. Things are really really bad right now. There's a massive amount of people on the verge of eviction, they're trying to force kids to go to school when we don't have the means and infrastructure to keep them safe, non-essential businesses are re-opening when we're nowhere near ready, feds are nabbing people off the street and shitting all over the 4th amendment. This is insanely bad, next level bad. This is no time for protest voting/non-voting. Biden is better than Trump, and that's all it takes for me to vote for him and advocate for people to vote for him. We don't have the luxury to sit this one out, it doesn't accomplish anything.

Your primary was fixed. You never had a choice, just like in 2016. And yet you are still going to support this lack of democracy just so you can win... nothing. Biden is not going to lead any reforms. He will settle into the chair and sign what he's told to. To make those that put him there even more enriched. 

At least if Trump wins it may finally kill off the boomer hold on the DNC and you can see relevant candidates that aren't some legacy of the failed 70's political machine. Flush the over 60 crowd and start over with candidates that are just a sleight bit less polluted by the machine politic. 

Then you can point fingers at the Republicans as being different because you at least will be choosing your candidates rather than accepting dictatorship by your party.

Until then you are just a bunch of whining losers. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Your primary was fixed. You never had a choice, just like in 2016. And yet you are still going to support this lack of democracy just so you can win... nothing. Biden is not going to lead any reforms. He will settle into the chair and sign what he's told to. To make those that put him there even more enriched. 

At least if Trump wins it may finally kill off the boomer hold on the DNC and you can see relevant candidates that aren't some legacy of the failed 70's political machine. Flush the over 60 crowd and start over with candidates that are just a sleight bit less polluted by the machine politic. 

Then you can point fingers at the Republicans as being different because you at least will be choosing your candidates rather than accepting dictatorship by your party.

Until then you are just a bunch of whining losers. 

Says a guy whose party chose a 70 year old lunatic and is allowing him to run for re-election at age 74

The difference was, my thick headed friend, is he was chosen instead thrust upon. You never were afforded choices, the nominee was pre determined, in essence your votes mattered not to your party. You have not been involved in a democratic process for two election cycles. 

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The difference was, my thick headed friend, is he was chosen instead thrust upon. You never were afforded choices, the nominee was pre determined, in essence your votes mattered not to your party. You have not been involved in a democratic process for two election cycles. 

You have zero proof of what you are saying, but keep saying it, that will make it true