• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election

2020 Election  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you value more?

• The U.S. Constitution and the will of the voters
    • #Overturn!

Val Demings' police background could complicate her Biden VP chances

U.S. Rep. Val Demings’ background as Orlando, Fla.'s first female police chief could complicate her chances of becoming Joe Biden’s running mate.

Some critics of Demings – who is reportedly on Biden’s shortlist -- say she sided too frequently with police officers accused of using excessive force during her four-year tenure leading Orlando's police department (2007-2011).

59 minutes ago, Redondo said:

U.S. Rep. Val Demings’ background as Orlando, Fla.'s first female police chief could complicate her chances of becoming Joe Biden’s running mate.

Some critics of Demings – who is reportedly on Biden’s shortlist -- say she sided too frequently with police officers accused of using excessive force during her four-year tenure leading Orlando's police department (2007-2011).

Both Demings and Harris have horrible records. Knowing how dumb the Democrats are, they will probably choose one of them anyway.

I personally hope they choose Warren. I might actually change my vote from Trump to Biden if they do.

2 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Both Demings and Harris have horrible records. Knowing how dumb the Democrats are, they will probably choose one of them anyway.

I personally hope they choose Warren. I might actually change my vote from Trump to Biden if they do.

So you want Warren to be president without being elected into office?

Because Joe is only last about 6 months before he cedes to the VP.

3 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Those who haven't already gotten COVID-19 from following him around on his personal vanity tour.

I was thinking more about the number of death threats that must come in. I thought it would be a crazy amount with Obama, but with offensive trump is to pretty much everyone, and given how bold his haters are, I would imagine the number of threats to him is a pretty significant number.

Biden 2020 staffer posted meme mocking cops as worse than 'pigs'

A supervising video producer for Joe Biden's presidential campaign tweeted a meme in June that urged people to stop calling the police "pigs" -- but only because unlike the police, pigs are "highly intelligent and empathetic animals who would never racially profile you."

The videographer, Sara Pearl, also retweeted a user's comment that while "pigs are sweet, intelligent and compassionate," police officers are "monsters" who "don't deserve to be called pigs."

On June 1, Pearl tweeted simply, "#DefundPolice." Days later, she said Buffalo's police department should be "defunded immediately."

DEFUN2D.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

And, after several Dallas police officers were killed in 2016 by a sniper who "wanted to kill white people," Pearl dinged the National Rifle Association for tweeting its condolences in that case but not for prior shootings: "Of course they respond to the officers but not to the previous shootings :("

Sanders delegates left this top Dem off their Biden wish list

Sen. Bernie Sanders delegates in California sent Joe Biden a list of three Black female candidates they’d like to see the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee choose from as he names his running mate.

Not making their list – Sen. Kamala Harris, the former California attorney general and San Francisco district attorney who’s believed to be on the former vice president’s short list.

The letter instead listed Reps. Barbara Lee and Karen Bass of California – as well as former Ohio state Sen. Nina Turner, a top political adviser to Sanders during both of his presidential bids and a national co-chair of his 2020 campaign. It was signed by 145 of the 153 Sanders delegates who voted on the suggestion, according to a report from The San Francisco Chronicle.

Biden, at Muslim voters summit, says ‘I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith’

Presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden spoke to a summit of Muslim voters Monday, telling them he wished U.S. schools taught more about Islam.

"I wish we taught more in our schools about the Islamic faith. I wish we talked about all the great confessional faiths. It's one of the great confessional faiths," Biden said Monday at the “Million Muslim Votes” summit hosted by Emgage Action.

Emgage Action, the country’s largest Muslim American PAC, endorsed Biden in April after endorsing Bernie Sanders during the Democratic primary.

Biden told the voters he would end President Trump's travel ban affecting Muslim-majority countries on day one of his presidency and blamed the White House’s current occupant for “an unconscionable rise in Islamophobia.”

Biden also said he “won’t write love letters to dictators,” and would work to “meet the moral demands of the humanitarian crisis in Syria, Yemen, and Gaza.” He said he would champion the rights of Palestinians and Israelis to have a state of their own, among other priorities.

A number of Muslim American officials, including Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, Rep. Andre Carson, D-Ind., signed a letter organized by Emgage Action endorsing Biden on Monday.