• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election

2020 Election  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you value more?

• The U.S. Constitution and the will of the voters
    • #Overturn!

Many Trump haters are not liberals. I despise the man, and can’t understand how any decent person can support him. But I was registered Republican my whole life (until last year). I despise liberalism. But I don’t think Joe Biden is a liberal, and senile though he may be, he is far less dangerous than Trump.

And for what it’s worth, Trump supporters are going to be awefully sad watching Democrats run this country the next 10 years. Trump has inflicted huge damage on the party, which will set the party back a long time. Trump supporters don’t seem to get that. 

21 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Many Trump haters are not liberals. I despise the man, and can’t understand how any decent person can support him. But I was registered Republican my whole life (until last year). I despise liberalism. But I don’t think Joe Biden is a liberal, and senile though he may be, he is far less dangerous than Trump.

And for what it’s worth, Trump supporters are going to be awefully sad watching Democrats run this country the next 10 years. Trump has inflicted huge damage on the party, which will set the party back a long time. Trump supporters don’t seem to get that. 

Who do you expect Republicans to vote for Phil?  I mean seriously, maybe Biden isn’t a hard core lib but he sure has campaigned as such and his VP pick (who most likely will end being president) is going to be hard left.  So again, who should conservatives vote for?

Hard left ? Who are we talking about here ? There is nothing leftist about the present mainstream Democratic Party.  It’s currently being taken over by the George Bush era GOP.  Exactly what a John McCain administration would have been. 

There are a handful, like less then 5 significant genuinely lefty democrats in Congress.  A few more *might* win in November.  If that trajectory continues maybe the lefty’s will have real power in 40 years.  What the hell are you guys talking about. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Hard left ? Who are we talking about here ? There is nothing leftist about the present mainstream Democratic Party.  It’s currently transforming into the George Bush era GOP.  Exactly what a John McCain administration would have been. 

The new green deal is as hard left as it gets.  I get that your right/left barometer is way different than mine but still......

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

The new green deal is as hard left as it gets.  I get that your right/left barometer is way different than mine but still......

Large infrastructure investment ? This country has done that before.  You guys act like we’re talking about the nationalization of half the economy or something.  

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Hard left ? Who are we talking about here ? There is nothing leftist about the present mainstream Democratic Party.  It’s currently being taken over by the George Bush era GOP.  Exactly what a John McCain administration would have been. 

There are a handful, like less then 5 significant genuinely lefty democrats in Congress.  A few more *might* win in November.  If that trajectory continues maybe the lefty’s will have real power in 40 years.  What the hell are you guys talking about. 

Despite being the Republican nominee a decade ago McCain is considered far too left wing by today's Trump supporters standards.

Bernie Sanders.  Who for now is ostensibly the leader of the progressive movement in this country was recently proposing a 10% redirection of funding from military spending.  But people keep insisting that the left is so radically out their minds.  This is why I say there’s no compromise to be had.  There isn’t.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Despite being the Republican nominee a decade ago McCain is considered far too left wing by today's Trump supporters standards.

neocons.  They’re global capitalists.  And so are the mainstream democrats.  Aside from some social issues they’re politically identical. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

neocons.  They’re global capitalists.  And so are the mainstream democrats.  Aside from some social issues they’re politically identical. 

And I do agree that a Biden administration is basically going to be a less left leaning version of the Obama presidency which probably puts it square in line politically with the Bush presidency. The only difference is that they won't go out of their way to vocally 'own the libs' which is what the real deal breaker is going to be for Republicans.

The reason that mainstream democrats love social issues is because they require no actual concession from the donors who keep the money flowing to them.  None of this bullshit is about actually governing and wielding power.  The conservatives have already won with Biden getting the nomination.  The status quo will continue. 

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The reason that mainstream democrats love social issues is because they require no actual concession from the donors who keep the money flowing to them.  None of this bullshit is about actually governing and wielding power.  The conservatives have already won with Biden getting the nomination.  The status quo will continue. 

I disagree, Trump changed the status quo, Biden is a return to it.

24 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I disagree, Trump changed the status quo, Biden is a return to it.

I would argue that Trump talks a lot but on most issues he’s governed as a typical Reagan Republican.  The tax cuts, slashing funding for federal social programs, leaving wide swaths of the federal bureaucracy unstaffed.  Defunding various federal departments.  And of course massive defense spending increases.  It’s all the same shit. 

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

Man, some of you Libs go to great lengths to put things on Trump that make zero sense.

Fucking hilarious.

The president was at the forefront in pushing this particular drug.  Then the VA uses vets as Guinea pigs to test it without their consent. 

Bottom line this shouldn't have happened. 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I would argue that Trump talks a lot but on most issues he’s governed as a typical Reagan Republican.  The tax cuts, slashing funding for federal social programs, leaving wide swaths of the federal bureaucracy unstaffed.  Defunding various federal departments.  And of course massive defense spending increases.  It’s all the same shit. 

There is always a gap between campaign talk, actual presidential goals, attempted goals, and realized policy. It's hard to separate those.

Trump has successfully implemented his immigration policies, destabilized our international partnerships, and affected free trade policy. None of these were in line with Republican policy previously. He's also been very hot and cold with the military. He's seemed to want to reduce our military footprint around the globe (not a republican idea) ceding ground to Russia, while simultaneously being significantly more aggressive towards Iran.

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also I don't think Republicans have been big on under staffing government agencies or even defunding federal departments. For the most part defunding social programs is more of a boogie man talking point than any real change. For the most part these programs continue to grow.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Also I don't think Republicans have been big on under staffing government agencies or even defunding federal departments. For the most part defunding social programs is more of a boogie man talking point than any real change. For the most part these programs continue to grow.

Elected Republicans and Democrats love big government and government spending 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Who do you expect Republicans to vote for Phil?  I mean seriously, maybe Biden isn’t a hard core lib but he sure has campaigned as such and his VP pick (who most likely will end being president) is going to be hard left.  So again, who should conservatives vote for?

The thing is, most Trump supporters don’t support Trump because he is the lesser of two evils. They support him because they believe in him and his message. How often do you hear a Republican say “I despise him, but he is better than the other options.”  I never hear than sentiment. His supporters truly like him. 

At some point a decent person needs to say “enough is enough.”  Choose character and ethics over supposed political position.

And really, what is it about Trump that is “Republican?” He isn’t pro liberties, other than the 2a. He isn’t for limited government or less spending. He doesn’t champion the rights of the disenfranchised (as Lincoln did). He isn’t tough on Russia.  He certainly isn’t the candidate of morality (remember when the Republicans impeached Clinton for lying about sex? Those hypocrite sure had their morals in line). Honestly, what is there to like about him?