• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a couple of months we really need to get to a point where those that are lower risk get back into the world.  The unemployment thing seems to be a bit ridiculous because some people are getting paid more than they did while working but it is what it is and I just hope they don't plan to blindly extend it after 4 months. 

13 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Bahrain is allowing the stores and malls to open tomorrow but everyone is required to wear a mask 

Was texting with @EnglishCop last night. We ended up agreeing that the best thing to hope for, all things considered, would be to open as much up as possible ASAP even if it means we're required to wear masks.

I bet all the big brands already have prototypes in market research. I can't wait to see the Under Armour one.

22 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I'm all for masks or gloves being worn to reduce the spread while higher risk individuals can continue to quarantine.  I understand where the health experts are coming from but it's not feasible to run at say 70% capacity for a year while we hope a vaccine comes along.   

I couldn't agree more

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I still don't understand why we don't take temperatures of people before entry into things like stores.  That, social distancing, and masks could have meant we didn't have to shut everything down if we implemented it right away.  Instead we went full extreme.

People are contagious even when they don't have temperatures.

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I still don't understand why we don't take temperatures of people before entry into things like stores.  That, social distancing, and masks could have meant we didn't have to shut everything down if we implemented it right away.  Instead we went full extreme.

I only support this if we're doing rectal.

25 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

and yet we don't screen them when we are next to them at the grocery store.  Eliminating 80% seems a lot more preventive than 6 feet away.

80% of COVID-19 patients experience 'mild' symptoms — but that likely still involves a fever and cough

They're contagious before they're symptomatic, though. It's not as cut and dry as 80/20.

8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

They're contagious before they're symptomatic, though. It's not as cut and dry as 80/20.

And yet right now, they are still at the grocery stores without any screening.  Again, even if it's 50/50.  It's 50% you keep out of the general population.  

Who administers the tests?  Unless it's a medical professional I don't trust whoever they put out front with gloves on and who knows what as far as supplies taking my temperature.  If someone is asymptomatic or just an asshole and knows they're sick then what are the odds of any fluids from them transferring to the person administering the test and the following people they test?  At nursing centers they're testing workers before for they enter which I completely get as the people they deal with are high risk individuals.  Personally I'm willing to take the risk being out even if I wear a mask and gloves that I may eventually get it because frankly barring a miracle vaccine herd immunity is our best bet.  Keep the elderly and people with compromised immune systems at home, test at hospitals and so on before people enter but other able bodied adults of sound mind need to know they're taking that risk being out.  If they aren't comfortable with it for whatever reason that's absolutely fine and they can stay home.  If there's an outbreak then hopefully they can trace it and get those people inside for 14 days or whatever it is.  If I'm one of those people I'll absolutely be staying in my house until the symptoms are gone and hopefully we have tests readily available so that those who had it can find out if they're over it along with others testing to see if they have the antibodies.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Asymptomatic people with no signs can still pass it along. I'm not big on the whole gloves thing from what I keep reading, but do agree it's good to wash your hands. And one of the infectious disease doctors I posted state that people aren't even wearing the masks properly and that they can still get while wearing one....but did state if someone does have it, the mask helps spread it.