• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jobs and Economic Impact

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

It’s actually all your fault. In your absence, the st1ckboy jokes by Taylor and Tank increased ten fold. Some of us couldn’t take it anymore but Brandon was the first to snap. There was a couple of posts bickering about it before we got distracted by something else.

This might be true.

I see and get a lot of the dad jokes and just ignore them, but there was a phase where every single fucking posts was "Stickboy this...Stickboy that" mixed with the nonstop "I'm having lunch with xyz on Tuesday"

After around 10-15 years of that non-stop my head exploded. I think others said something subtly or made references to it while I was just pretty direct.

I like the throwback jokes like the rest of you or old verbiage being brought back up, but if it's used ad nauseam then it loses its luster.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

There was also the subplot where Brandon went after TrueGrich, who is one of the most well-liked posters on AW.

Eh. This is blown out of proportion and him and I talked about it in private. He had a moment where he spammed damn near every thread with memes and bad jokes. I just made an asshole comment about him posting nonstop and it was really overbearing. Like the post above from me, someone else made a comment about it in a thread but it kept on so I said something. Him and I are cool and I noticed he doesn't spam every thread anymore. All good. I never had an issue with the guy, but I noticed most people stop posting when someone is running amuck and that's what happened.

Actually, I think that has happened in general. You see the same group of characters with the same lame dad jokes everyday and people don't participate because as soon as they click on it they know what they are going to see. I don't speak Greek so I don't go to Greece, if I was terrible at comedy I wouldn't act like I'm Bill Burr on a message board.

8 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

That sucks. Sorry dude. 

I’m honestly not even broken up about it. I’m fortunate enough to be doing ok financially, I’ve got money saved up to last a while in the worst case scenario, I feel like I could use a break and just do nothing. 

Of course that said who knows, maybe the job doesn’t come back and I’m unemployed and unable to find anything else. 

4 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I’m honestly not even broken up about it. I’m fortunate enough to be doing ok financially, I’ve got money saved up to last a while in the worst case scenario, I feel like I could use a break and just do nothing. 

Of course that said who knows, maybe the job doesn’t come back and I’m unemployed and unable to find anything else. 

I guess one silver lining, is part of the bill they passed raised unemployment by $600 a week, and they waived the one week waiting period.

40 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

We were told yesterday that employees across the company are getting furloughed starting April 19. Naturally they say no decisions have been made on who will be impacted. 

You work for Disney, right?