• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

8 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Because it’s an organization that focuses on world health?  And we’re in the biggest health crisis the planet has seen in 100 years?  And despite issues with it, it’s important to keep some global solidarity during this time, instead of throwing a tantrum and taking our ball and going home?  Maybe?

okay, I deserved that.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

What authority would the US have to "fix it"? 

Don’t be an obtuse fuckwad just because. The US doesn’t have authority per se but definitely the influence that the big fat checks bring. Of course you know that but you just haven’t flexed your contrarian ass muscles on here lately. I guess you’re enjoying your vacation?

3 hours ago, fishbulb said:

The WHO has made mistakes, but it's not in our best interests to just up and leave it like a petulant baby that won't shop at Costco anymore because they require masks.

Our government has failed us, and monumentally so.

I think it is ok to seriously scale back the funds we give them until they start serving our best interests. 

Edited by Jason

30 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

You still trying to prevent everyone from contracting the virus? Haha!

I'd settle for everyone wearing masks to prevent more people from losing their livelihoods if that's a more motivating angle.

You can't prevent everyone from getting it, but you sure as hell can do a lot better than we've done in the US this far.

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Don’t be an obtuse fuckwad just because. The US doesn’t have authority per se but definitely the influence that the big fat checks bring. Of course you know that but you just haven’t flexed your contrarian ass muscles on here lately. I guess you’re enjoying your vacation?

Really, that's the response for a reasonable question? It was not contrarian, it was a question other countries are also asking.

The WHO is a messed up organization that is not serving it's purpose and appears to be politically manipulated and corrupt. We already are the largest contributor but that doesn't seem to have any influence.

So, without the angry response, how is it the US can "fix it" when it is not ours to govern? 

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

What the fuck? 

The WHO has gone out of their way to tow the Chinese party line.  They have done so much to further this pandemic.  They have actually killed people with their lies and cover ups.

we all might be ass-hats here on AW,  but we haven’t killed anyone with our stupidity.

39 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

I'd settle for everyone wearing masks to prevent more people from losing their livelihoods if that's a more motivating angle.

You can't prevent everyone from getting it, but you sure as hell can do a lot better than we've done in the US this far.

Libs when this started.  Shut everything down, save lives.  Cons when this started.  Put measures in place, but don't shut everything down.

Libs now.  Wear a mask, so that people don't lose their livelihoods.  Cons now.  Put measures in place, but don't shut everything down.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Really, that's the response for a reasonable question? It was not contrarian, it was a question other countries are also asking.

The WHO is a messed up organization that is not serving it's purpose and appears to be politically manipulated and corrupt. We already are the largest contributor but that doesn't seem to have any influence.

So, without the angry response, how is it the US can "fix it" when it is not ours to govern? 

It is ours to govern as much as is anyone else's. This was an opportunity to have the high ground but that can't happen as long as our president insist on selling everything by suing, withholding payment, tweeting something  stupid then bailing

40 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Libs when this started.  Shut everything down, save lives.  Cons when this started.  Put measures in place, but don't shut everything down.

Libs now.  Wear a mask, so that people don't lose their livelihoods.  Cons now.  Put measures in place, but don't shut everything down.

Yeah, ok.

Meanwhile: Texas.

Just wear a mask.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

we all might be ass-hats here on AW,  but we haven’t killed anyone with our stupidity.

No, but our president has. He has been far worse for American lives than the WHO. And yet many on here still support him, some almost fanatically. So in a way, we are killing people with our stupidity. 

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

No, but our president has. He has been far worse for American lives than the WHO. And yet many on here still support him, some almost fanatically. So in a way, we are killing people with our stupidity. 

Angelswin is?  That is what my post was referring to

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

It is ours to govern as much as is anyone else's. This was an opportunity to have the high ground but that can't happen as long as our president insist on selling everything by suing, withholding payment, tweeting something  stupid then bailing

Your response does not answer how the US can fix the ingrained incompetence and corruption in the WHO. Instead of blaming the president for taking the only action that has any impact, try coming up with an alternate solution. If you can't, then your argument collapses. 

I think the presidents response to COVID has shown his ineptitude, inability to lead and why his ego is an issue.  The WHO lied from the beginning and enabled China's lies which has resulted in more deaths than necessary.  Had the WHO and China been open about all of this from the onset the world would have a few more months of research under their belt about the virus.  I believe it was Hong Kong or South Korea who sent a team to China early on and they knew China was lying but had to work with the very limited access they were given and they used that to try and get ahead of it back home.  No country or organization is perfect but I'm not going to lose sleep if the US is backing out of the WHO after their actions as far as COVID are concerned.  I've also got no issue if we join the organization again or don't end up leaving in 2021 but I will if we don't hold the WHO accountable and put measures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.  China isn't playing by the same rules and they won't unless the rest of the world which includes organizations like the WHO force them to.

15 hours ago, arch stanton said:

If it is screwed up we could make an effort to fix it instead of the typical bullshit our fuckwit president prefers

I think we should figure out if we can influence the organization back into relevance and then reassess our involvement after we've made it through this pandemic. 

Trump says we are leaving. Biden says we'll go right back. Welcome to American politics.

Trump rally 'likely' source of virus surge, health official says

President Donald Trump's campaign rally in Tulsa in late June that drew thousands of participants and large protests "likely contributed" to a dramatic surge in new coronavirus cases, Tulsa City-County Health Department Director Dr. Bruce Dart said Wednesday.

Tulsa County reported 261 confirmed new cases on Monday, a one-day record high, and another 206 cases on Tuesday. By comparison, during the week before the June 20 Trump rally, there were 76 cases on Monday and 96 on Tuesday.

Although the health department’s policy is to not publicly identify individual settings where people may have contracted the virus, Dart said those large gatherings “more than likely" contributed to the spike.

Lol, nothing written about the millions that went to the protests.

But 6,000 people go to a rally and they are to blame.

It spiked in many areas without the rally, why?