• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

25 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

So how much money people spend to attend determines whether it's a sport?

My theory on what makes a sport is when there is an opposing team utilizing a strategic defense in order to defeat you. Generally with golf you beat yourself.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

My theory on what makes a sport is when there is an opposing team utilizing a strategic defense in order to defeat you. Generally with golf you beat yourself.

Well that's not entirely true. You have to heat the entire field to win. Also depending on how many strokes you are ahead or behind you are can determine your approach in the game. 

By your definition you would render pretty much every event in track and field, or swimming  as a non sport other than the relay.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

Well that's not entirely true. You have to heat the entire field to win. Also depending on how many strokes you are ahead or behind you are can determine your approach in the game. 

By your definition you would render pretty much every event in track and field, or swimming  as a non sport other than the relay.

Golf you can do all by yourself. You can not do that with track and field and swimming relay as those are races. I would consider racing a sport. The goal of golf is to make it in the cup in the fewest strokes possible. That really doesn't change other than maybe your aggressiveness towards the end of tournament.  To get back on thread track, at least golf can be done and still follow social distancing policies. 

13 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

There is no strategic defense in relays, so they aren't sports. 

Neither is auto racing. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Golf you can do all by yourself. You can not do that with track and field and swimming relay as those are races. I would consider racing a sport. The goal of golf is to make it in the cup in the fewest strokes possible. That really doesn't change other than maybe your aggressiveness towards the end of tournament.  To get back on thread track, at least golf can be done and still follow social distancing policies. 

I've never seen a one man golf tournament. What about the Ryder Cup? Does it temporarily become a sport that week?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Now somebody tells me that. 

NYC Black Lives Matter marches can continue despite large-event ban, de Blasio says

Mayor Bill de Blasio is permitting Black Lives Matter protesters to continue marching through city streets while canceling all large events through September.

Speaking on CNN Thursday night, de Blasio said the demonstrators’ calls for social justice were too important to stop after more than a month of demonstrations have not led to an outbreak of coronavirus cases.

“This is a historic moment of change. We have to respect that but also say to people the kinds of gatherings we’re used to, the parades, the fairs — we just can’t have that while we’re focusing on health right now,” de Blasio told host Wolf Blitzer.

nyc-black-lives-matter-marches-can-continue-despite-large-event-ban-de-blasio-says