• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Like everything, the 1% blow everything out of the water.

1% don't want to wear a mask.  They are evil, do you know how much danger you are putting everyone in?

1% want to protest.  Well it's their right, they should be able to put everyone else in danger.  

This is far more than 1% but their reasoning is flawed. 

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

54 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

1% don't want to wear a mask.  They are evil, do you know how much danger you are putting everyone in?

1% want to protest.  Well it's their right, they should be able to put everyone else in danger.  

I’d put the anti-mask crowd out here at like a legit 30-ish%.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Nope. That's just not the case. It's waaay higher than 1% here.

20200712_124628.jpg

Just now, Redondo said:

If you want to avoid debate or write in a formal tone, use the standard anyway. But if you don't mind sounding informal, or if you are aiming for a down-to-earth tone like Clyde Haberman's, it's okay to use anyways. It is a word—a nonstandard, colloquial, informal word—that some people won't like to see.

Screenshot_20200712-111602_Google.jpg

I think we are all going to get it at some point...same as the regular flu, chicken pox, etc.

The death rate is still ridiculously low. Compromised immune systems and underlying condition people should stay in lockdown. Most people I know or read about say it's the flu and they are fine in a few days. I think a lot of people are testing asymptomatic and nothing is happening with them, but it looks good for Covid numbers and another positive test on the books.

17 hours ago, calscuf said:

I got it from the guy I play music with and I have no idea how he got it since he never leaves his house except when comes over here.  I just have a low grade fever and so far nothing else.  Fingers crossed that it stays this way.  

I read that Johnny Rebs burned but I didn’t see.  It had been closed a year and wasn’t exactly the type of building that was gonna be used again without a major facelift so no big loss.

Stay healthy man

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think we are all going to get it at some point...same as the regular flu, chicken pox, etc.

The death rate is still ridiculously low. Compromised immune systems and underlying condition people should stay in lockdown. Most people I know or read about say it's the flu and they are fine in a few days. I think a lot of people are testing asymptomatic and nothing is happening with them, but it looks good for Covid numbers and another positive test on the books.

This is honestly worse case scenario from what we were presented in February. It's less deadly but much stranger than expected (tons of unpredictable side effects due to its duel nature as a cardiovascular disease). Much more people asymptomatic than symptomatic. People are no longer afraid of the virus but risks are still high because no one fully understands the situation we are in (and we probably won't for years). We didn't stomp it out at the beginning, went through months of lockdown, only to give up and ultimately, most likely go through a protracted standoff with the virus for god knows how long. We don't know how asymptomatic people will react to this virus years down the road... consider HPV was once thought to be only asymptomatic. Ebola causes a follow up disease that emerges decades later. Many kids who got the virus are stricken with intense immune reactions.

I do think you are right though... we will likely, slowly reach herd immunity and that will be the way we finally move on from this virus.

23 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I do think you are right though... we will likely, slowly reach herd immunity and that will be the way we finally move on from this virus.

Then I read stuff like this and have to second guess myself..

https://apple.news/Aq2r6RehWQbKHwghoCtRJiw

My patient caught Covid-19 twice. So long to herd immunity hopes.

Emerging cases of Covid-19 reinfection suggest herd immunity is wishful thinking.