• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

22 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean everyone knows the real problem with Americans fucking abortion of a response to this crisis is that unemployed minimum wage workers got 600 fucking extra dollars on a check for a few months. 

What is the real problem? Californians all seem to be wearing masks yet here we are, shut down.

21 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean everyone knows the real problem with Americans fucking abortion of a response to this crisis is that unemployed minimum wage workers got 600 fucking extra dollars on a check for a few months. 

If you were an employer and the employees you hired and spent money on training then had to furlough because of all of this, if those people chose not to come back when you were able to open back up because of the extra $600 would you rehire them in the future?  For me, it would take extreme conditions for me to rehire that person if they refused to come back when we initially opened back up.

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

What is the real problem? Californians all seem to be wearing masks yet here we are, shut down.

Because they aren’t socially distancing when they amongst people they trust and they aren’t wearing masks around those people.  I mean this isn’t very difficult of a concept.  We are excluding people right and left because someone in their family tested positive.  

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If you were an employer and the employees you hired and spent money on training then had to furlough because of all of this, if those people chose not to come back when you were able to open back up because of the extra $600 would you rehire them in the future?  For me, it would take extreme conditions for me to rehire that person if they refused to come back when we initially opened back up.

My brother is a chiropractor and he said they furloughed a few office staff and then called them back when they reopened. They told him no thank you as they were making more on unemployment. He told them not to call him back when that runs out 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

My brother is a chiropractor and he said they furloughed a few office staff and then called them back when they reopened. They told him no thank you as they were making more on unemployment. He told them not to call him back when that runs out 

Yep.  Totally makes sense.  Short term gains are never a good idea.  Imagine trying to find a job right now.  

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because they aren’t socially distancing when they amongst people they trust and they aren’t wearing masks around those people.  I mean this isn’t very difficult of a concept.  We are excluding people right and left because someone in their family tested positive.  

I believe enough is not known about the virus yet and the distancing and mask wearing may not even be enough to stop it. It may just be part of our lives now and we’ll have to live with that fact. People forget that we have all kinds of viruses and bacteria that we can never get rid of and we live with. This is no different as this is how they operate.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And even if it isn’t enough it doesn’t mean it doesn’t help.  

True but I feel like that we are just postponing the inevitable. We all agree that we can’t stay locked down forever but how long can we go on with the social distancing and mask wearing? I believe that if everyone wore a mask and distances themselves we’d see a huge drop in cases but the day we don’t do that it will come roaring back. 

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

OC Board of Education Panel Calls for a Fall Return to Classes with No Masks or DistancingVoice of OC
https://voiceofoc.org/2020/07/oc-board-of-education-considers-schools-returning-with-no-masks-or-distancing/

Both sides just can't seem to be able to meet in the middle.  It's either one extreme or the other.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

i suspect the people who decline to come back to work don’t do so for a lot of reasons.  Some of them less reasonable than others.  If people don’t come back because the 600 dollars makes that big of difference to them even in the short term.   Then I think that it’s probably reasonable to assume it’s terribly paying menial job.  Probably not full time. Etc.  I can’t tell you how indifferent I am to someone who’s mad that they have 15 or 20 hour a week minimum wage worker not coming back.  Is that a blanket truth ?  Of course not.  Like I said, people who aren’t going back to work probably don’t for a lot of reasons.  The post was someone butt hurt that someone is getting $600 they think they don’t deserve.  Fucking cry more.  I am unable to fathom the insane pettiness of someone who’s mad at an out of work probably poor person coming up a little bit for a temporary period of time.  Be happy you’re still working.  Christ knows I am.  Imagine being jealous of an out of work former Marshall’s employee. 

Edited by UndertheHalo