• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

47 minutes ago, calscuf said:

How long until it passed?

A guy I know got the Rona.  he had the breathing problems and loss of smell.  It's been about 4 weeks, and he's tested negative twice now.  He just went to the hospital with breathing difficulties.  

So hopefully you have the mild case.  If not, take lots of steroids, pool cleaner, and cholesterol medicines.

ICU deaths from COVID-19 may be decreasing, study suggests

As cases of the novel coronavirus continue to rise in many states around the country, new data provides some encouraging details. A recent study suggests that for people admitted to intensive care units for severe COVID-19 infection, the rate of death has declined by about one-third since the start of the pandemic.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/icu-deaths-covid-19-decreasing-study-suggests/story?id=71810081

40 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

ICU deaths from COVID-19 may be decreasing, study suggests

As cases of the novel coronavirus continue to rise in many states around the country, new data provides some encouraging details. A recent study suggests that for people admitted to intensive care units for severe COVID-19 infection, the rate of death has declined by about one-third since the start of the pandemic.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/icu-deaths-covid-19-decreasing-study-suggests/story?id=71810081

Duh.

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Tank, what level of education do you believe kids get with this on-line teaching?  Also, what do you think it is doing to their mental health?

I can only speak for myself, but in my classes, kids got about 90-95% of the same education they would have received had we been meeting in person. i made things a bit simpler because of the way they had to do their assignments and how i had to grade them. the amount of work they put into it was up to them, but i can tell you that since it was fourth quarter, a lot of them, especially several of the graduating 8th graders, struggled with doing their work and keeping their interest, even though we were studying the civil war and the freeing of the slaves, things that were suddenly a lot more socially relevant. mentally, a lot of kids check out as the school year ends and it's tough for them to maintain their energy and their focus, especially those that are graduating.

as for their mental health, i have no doubt it took a toll on several as many of them made comments about missing their friends and how much they missed being outside. i gave them an assignment where they had to go outside where they lived and do some scientific observation, and most of them told me how much they appreciated being able to do that.

as a school year ends, there are many who "hit the wall" and just want to be done. it may not have mattered whether they were home or at school, their interest in school was deteriorating, and this is something i've seen for over 30 years of my career. it probably was tougher on those who were more anxious to be done. i know you have a big concern about increased suicide rates. we didn't experience that with our kids or much in our area. i don't really have any ideas on how to combat that. there are many people smarter than me that need to address this.

14 minutes ago, Tank said:

I can only speak for myself, but in my classes, kids got about 90-95% of the same education they would have received had we been meeting in person. i made things a bit simpler because of the way they had to do their assignments and how i had to grade them. the amount of work they put into it was up to them, but i can tell you that since it was fourth quarter, a lot of them, especially several of the graduating 8th graders, struggled with doing their work and keeping their interest, even though we were studying the civil war and the freeing of the slaves, things that were suddenly a lot more socially relevant. mentally, a lot of kids check out as the school year ends and it's tough for them to maintain their energy and their focus, especially those that are graduating.

as for their mental health, i have no doubt it took a toll on several as many of them made comments about missing their friends and how much they missed being outside. i gave them an assignment where they had to go outside where they lived and do some scientific observation, and most of them told me how much they appreciated being able to do that.

as a school year ends, there are many who "hit the wall" and just want to be done. it may not have mattered whether they were home or at school, their interest in school was deteriorating, and this is something i've seen for over 30 years of my career. it probably was tougher on those who were more anxious to be done. i know you have a big concern about increased suicide rates. we didn't experience that with our kids or much in our area. i don't really have any ideas on how to combat that. there are many people smarter than me that need to address this.

My biggest concern are all of the long term unintended consequences of all of these actions.  I feel we may be sacrificing too much of the future for the now.  

3 hours ago, RendZone said:

California has one million more people than Canada but only about 4% of the land mass which means far more concentration of population living in close quarters. California also generates over twice the GNP as Canada. So, yeah, Canada. They should hold their tongue.

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

California has one million more people than Canada but only about 4% of the land mass which means far more concentration of population living in close quarters. California also generates over twice the GNP as Canada. So, yeah, Canada. They should hold their tongue.

He was saying that “LA County” has more cases than all of Canada. 

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

My biggest concern are all of the long term unintended consequences of all of these actions.  I feel we may be sacrificing too much of the future for the now.  

What would your plan be to safely reopen?

23 minutes ago, Tank said:

What would your plan be to safely reopen?

I am not trying to criticize anyone, asa diabetic I have a healthy concern about this disease but I have also lost my job due the response and have seen my boys suffer in their education and socializing.

I don’t speak as an educator so I don’t presume to come up with the best ( or any) plan.  I just know their will be consequences in every part of our culture and they will only be worse the longer everything is shut down

25 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

What the fuck is wrong will this douchebag? 

From CNN: After banning cities from requiring masks, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp is now suing Atlanta's mayor over her mandate, as cases continue to rise in the state
https://cnn.it/32oFMaX

Cities should be able to decide on their own 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Exactly. Local municipalities should be able to decide for themselves.

So what happens when those that don't care to wear a mask go to the next city over hang out with others who aren't wearing masks when no mandated and bring the virus to their city that mandates a mask. Kind off defeats the purpose of the mask mandate in 1 city and not in another city 15 minutes away. 

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I am not trying to criticize anyone, asa diabetic I have a healthy concern about this disease but I have also lost my job due the response and have seen my boys suffer in their education and socializing.

I don’t speak as an educator so I don’t presume to come up with the best ( or any) plan.  I just know their will be consequences in every part of our culture and they will only be worse the longer everything is shut down

That's the problem, lots of people(including Trump and his stooges) want everything to open but no plan on how to do it safely. The best plan to open up the economy, schools and anything else is to control the spread of the virus and lower the cases counts, not to just ignore it. Lots of countries have cases in the hundreds and are opening up. 

9 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

So what happens when those that don't care to wear a mask go to the next city over hang out with others who aren't wearing masks when no mandated and bring the virus to their city that mandates a mask. Kind off defeats the purpose of the mask mandate in 1 city and not in another city 15 minutes away. 

What the fuck did you just type?