• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

59 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Then I read stuff like this and have to second guess myself..

https://apple.news/Aq2r6RehWQbKHwghoCtRJiw

My patient caught Covid-19 twice. So long to herd immunity hopes.

Emerging cases of Covid-19 reinfection suggest herd immunity is wishful thinking.

Possible also that it’s not literal reinfection.  Rather the virus isn’t completely gone and makes you feel ill again.  Seems clear they don’t have a good understanding of that aspect of it.  People who get sick again I mean. 

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Possible also that it’s not literal reinfection.  Rather the virus isn’t completely gone and makes you feel ill again.  Seems clear they don’t have a good understanding of that aspect of it.  People who get sick again I mean. 

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

One presumes the 2nd go around would be less difficult than the 1st.  But again, who knows. 

That is postulated in the article, but there were a few months between positive tests, with negative tests in the middle. His first case was mild and his second case had him in the hospital multiple times. 

Either way I'm not sure which is more scary. If you remain ill for multiple months, and have multiple periods of being infectious who is to say that it won't continue to come back?

My guess is... or maybe it's just my hope... that his multiple infections relate to the level of viral load he received. His first case was mild, and perhaps the body fought it off easily without producing all that many antibodies. The second bout may have been from a larger dose that his body wasn't ready for, but after fighting it off he will have enough antibodies to defend him for some time.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

Thanks for this. There’s still a lot to figure out. School starts August 18, and I don’t expect to know what we’re actually going to do much before August 15.

that's because those in charge won't think about it till august 16.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

that's because those in charge won't think about it till august 16.

Fortunately, we have a good man at our helm. We’ve worked out a plan for how to reopen. No idea if parents will be comfortable with it or how many kids will actually return to campus.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Fortunately, we have a good man at our helm. We’ve worked out a plan for how to reopen. No idea if parents will be comfortable with it or how many kids will actually return to campus.

What's the plan Tank? Staggered school days/hours?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I hope he briefs her before she has to be asked again. 

download (35).jpg

Edited by Karenknees

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

What's the plan Tank? Staggered school days/hours?

Masks for everyone. Disinfect surfaces after each class period. No assemblies. No eating in the cafeteria. Limit of 15 in a classroom. Maintain small groups/social distancing on playground. No sports teams. Not sure what would happen to our band and choir programs. Temporarily suspend our foreign student program with China.

of course, now that LAUSD is staying with online learning for the fall, I expect we’ll follow suit. Announcement forthcoming.