• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

44 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

i'm glad we got some rain tonight in Missouri. hopefully this keeps the fires down here. The chaplain's son burned down his neighbor's house with fireworks a few years ago. As a vet, I am not a huge fan of of shit exploding but kids like it. Just needs to be done under the right conditions. instead the conditions usually involve drunk people playing with fire in questionable locations.

In professional hands, they are perfectly safe. When some yokel who managed to get his hands on some decides that it would be cool to show them off to the neighbors, not so much.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

4 hours ago, Karenknees said:

I thought Tank already finished your Casita.  Actually, I have room, I would love one of those in my backyard.  

download (33).jpg

My oldest son just bought a house, it’s about this big and has an orange door similar to this.  

Update on our COVID situation at work: I spoke to my Medical Director tonight, and we have decided that since we were already more than seven days post exposure before we found out and no one has been symptomatic, we aren't going to quarantine anyone. I was facing losing 20 staff (including me) for 14 days effective Sunday otherwise. We are going to strengthen our protocols at work and monitor for symptoms. Among those protocols is that everyone will wear an N-95, not just in high risk areas.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

7 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Update on our COVID situation at work: I spoke to my Medical Director tonight, and we have decided that since we were already more than seven days post exposure before we found out and no one has been symptomatic, we aren't going to quarantine anyone. I was facing losing 20 staff (including me) for 14 days effective Sunday otherwise. We are going to strengthen our protocols at work and monitor for symptoms. Among those protocols is that everyone will wear an N-95, not just in high risk areas.

This seems reasonable in that setting.

https://apple.news/A5JYUsDkwT9Co049hGk_PdQ

LA Times: 

Scientists say WHO ignores the risk that coronavirus floats in air as aerosol

More than 200 researchers worldwide sign an open letter saying current guidance ignores evidence that the coronavirus readily spreads on microscopic particles known as aerosols that can hang in the air for long periods and float dozens of feet.

She makes the case in an open letter to the WHO accusing the United Nations agency of failing to issue appropriate warnings about the risk. A total of 239 researchers from 32 countries signed the letter, which is set to be published next week in a scientific journal.

In interviews, experts said that aerosol transmission appears to be the only way to explain several “super-spreading” events, including the infection of diners at a restaurant in China who sat at separate tables and of choir members in Washington state who took precautions during a rehearsal.

WHO officials have acknowledged that the virus can be transmitted through aerosols but say that occurs only during medical procedures such as intubation that can spew large quantities of the microscopic particles. CDC officials did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Dr. Benedetta Allegranzi, a top WHO expert on infection prevention and control, said in responses to questions from The Times that Morawska and her group presented theories based on laboratory experiments rather than evidence from the field.

“We value and respect their opinions and contributions to this debate,” Allegranzi wrote in an email. But in weekly teleconferences, a large majority of a group of more than 30 international experts advising the WHO has "not judged the existing evidence sufficiently convincing to consider airborne transmission as having an important role in COVID-19 spread."

8 hours ago, fishbulb said:

I appreciate your patience as it was necessary given the terms you set for my response.

Here you go:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-live-updates-texas-hospitals-100-capacity/story?id=71604937

Is Larry for real. I imagine this whole thing is just staged like man walking on the moon was.  These aren't real nurses, they are just showing reruns of Grey's Anatomy while they take all our freedoms away.   

42 minutes ago, NrM said:

I mean the only reason we're locking down is so hospitals don't get overwhelmed. If hospitals are fine then fuck it ya dig?

It's not quite as simple as "hospitals became overwhelmed today and there are now not enough beds and/or staff available to adequately take care of these COVID patients, so we'll shut things down today and the situation will be henceforth be manageable."

Looking at a few science reports, it seems the droplets die right away once sunlight hits....kind of how semen dies when it hits the air.

It’s been more prevalent at night or in places where people congregate and there is obviously no sunlight indoors.

Doesn’t matter though, I think we all will get it at some point and it’s just a matter of how we handle it and gain immunity. It will end up being a normal flu strain we treat with everything else we get immunizations with.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:48 PM, Lhalo said:

Please show me a hospital that says it’s in danger of being overwhelmed. I patiently await your response. 

Update, and once again, thank you for your patience in awaiting my response. It was entirely necessary, but it was easily predictable that I would eventually respond.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/04/texas-coronavirus-rio-grande-valley-hospitals/