• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/02/20/us/coronavirus-racist-attacks-against-asian-americans/index.html

This is why i hate sensational reporting...

People having to deal with assholes in environments like mass transit in major cities shouldnt be "news", first of all. 

But holy smokes did this article not age well.

Good call on the nobody is sick in new york part.

19 min ago

There are now at least 186,991 coronavirus cases in the US

According to CNN Health's tally of US cases that are detected and tested in the United States through US public health systems, there are at least 186,991 cases of coronavirus in the US. At least 3,888 people have died in the US from coronavirus. 

The total includes cases from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and other US territories, as well as all repatriated cases.

Wyoming is the only state not reporting a death from coronavirus.

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

19 min ago

According to CNN Health's tally of US cases that are detected and tested in the United States through US public health systems, there are at least 186,991 cases of coronavirus in the US. At least 3,888 people have died in the US from coronavirus. 

The total includes cases from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and other US territories, as well as all repatriated cases.

Is that number between 15 and 0?

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

19 min ago

I'm starting to feel like anything we try is going to be pointless. This virus is going to whip humanity's ass 

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Is that number between 15 and 0?

You all act like Trump is the only one who downplayed this virus. Nobody is down playing it anymore. So much so that our efforts to stop it are destroying people's lives

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

You all act like Trump is the only one who downplayed this virus. Nobody is down playing it anymore. So much so that our efforts to stop it are destroying people's lives

Yes, we all downplayed it (except for fs79) in January. But Trump was downplaying long after the rest of the world was downplaying it.

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I'm sure the lockdown most places are doing is at least helping in slowing down the spread. 

If this is slowed down then I guess we can consider it an apocalyptic virus.  I guess this is putting us to the test to see where we need to do better. 

Nobody could have seen it coming...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Mitigating-the-Impact-of-Pandemic-Influenza-through-Vaccine-Innovation.pdf

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/business/coronavirus-economy-trump.html

WASHINGTON — White House economists published a study last September that warned a pandemic disease could kill a half million Americans and devastate the economy. (note: they did not specifically say this coronavirus, but were modeling what could happen with a pandemic flu)

It went unheeded inside the administration.

In late February and early March, as the coronavirus pandemic began to spread from China to the rest of the world, President Trump’s top economic advisers played down the threat the virus posed to the U.S. economy and public health.

“I don’t think corona is as big a threat as people make it out to be,” the acting chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, Tomas Philipson, told reporters during a Feb. 18 briefing, on the same day that more than a dozen American cruise ship passengers who had contracted the virus were evacuated home. Public health threats did not typically hurt the economy, Mr. Philipson said. He suggested the virus would not be nearly as bad as a normal flu season.

The 2019 study warned otherwise — specifically urging Americans not to conflate the risks of a typical flu and a pandemic. The existence of that warning undermines administration officials’ contentions in recent weeks that no one could have seen the virus damaging the economy as it has. The study was requested by the National Security Council, according to two people familiar with the matter.....

.....The 2019 White House study called for new federal efforts to speed up the time it takes to develop and deploy new vaccines. It did not specifically predict the emergence of the coronavirus — instead, it modeled what would happen if the United States was hit with a pandemic influenza akin to the 1918 Spanish flu or the so-called swine flu of 2009. It projected deaths and economic losses depending on how contagious and deadly the virus turned out to be.

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

Nobody could have seen it coming...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Mitigating-the-Impact-of-Pandemic-Influenza-through-Vaccine-Innovation.pdf

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/business/coronavirus-economy-trump.html

WASHINGTON — White House economists published a study last September that warned a pandemic disease could kill a half million Americans and devastate the economy. (note: they did not specifically say this coronavirus, but were modeling what could happen with a pandemic flu)

It went unheeded inside the administration.

In late February and early March, as the coronavirus pandemic began to spread from China to the rest of the world, President Trump’s top economic advisers played down the threat the virus posed to the U.S. economy and public health.

“I don’t think corona is as big a threat as people make it out to be,” the acting chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, Tomas Philipson, told reporters during a Feb. 18 briefing, on the same day that more than a dozen American cruise ship passengers who had contracted the virus were evacuated home. Public health threats did not typically hurt the economy, Mr. Philipson said. He suggested the virus would not be nearly as bad as a normal flu season.

The 2019 study warned otherwise — specifically urging Americans not to conflate the risks of a typical flu and a pandemic. The existence of that warning undermines administration officials’ contentions in recent weeks that no one could have seen the virus damaging the economy as it has. The study was requested by the National Security Council, according to two people familiar with the matter.....

.....The 2019 White House study called for new federal efforts to speed up the time it takes to develop and deploy new vaccines. It did not specifically predict the emergence of the coronavirus — instead, it modeled what would happen if the United States was hit with a pandemic influenza akin to the 1918 Spanish flu or the so-called swine flu of 2009. It projected deaths and economic losses depending on how contagious and deadly the virus turned out to be.

So?

17 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It may feel like that, but that's a defeatist attitude that we can't really afford to take.

I’m usually positive about stuff but this has me legitimately concerned. I really do hate that I feel this way. I think it’s because nobody (including medical experts) knows what the hell to do about this. 

36 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It’s really weird that the death rate is sharply rising despite way more testing going on. Has the thing mutated into a much deadlier disease or something?

Well, considering there is no cure.  The malaria drugs don't cure, they only help combat one of the symptoms.