• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

100 percent GIF

If we learn anything from this it will be that working together towards the common good rather than for the appeasement of those in power is the only way forward. For governments like China who exist only to cement their power domestically and push their influence globally there is no place.

While the early part of this century can be described as the world trying to work with China I see the rest of this century defined by the rest of the world trying to work without them. It's incredibly scary because trade and cooperation has lead to peace, but what are we to do with a power who refuses to trade on equal terms, cooperate during a pandemic of it's own creation and who looks at it's geopolitical partnerships only in terms of how it benefits?

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

I think you could relieve some panic if there wasn't just a daily body count and maybe show how many were released from the hospital who beat it.  Asked my daughter have you had covid deaths and have people had it and been released and she said yes to both but they are not keeping track. Also she said as of a couple weeks ago the people they tested at the hospital it would take a week to get back results but it is better at about three days now and many they tested were negative. I hope hospitals can get to a 10 minute test for everyone. Think they are working on that and most of it has to do with outsourcing the tests for results on how long it takes.  

I think more positive news and also discussions about how we address it going forward would ease fears: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/smart-plan-end-u-lockdown-233050509.html

The fact that we're now able to ramp up testing, the 15 minute test and whatever else they do to address the virus should allow us to address the fact that this will happen again until we build up herd immunity and/or get a vaccine. 

29 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If we learn anything from this it will be that working together towards the common good rather than for the appeasement of those in power is the only way forward. For governments like China who exist only to cement their power domestically and push their influence globally there is no place.

While the early part of this century can be described as the world trying to work with China I see the rest of this century defined by the rest of the world trying to work without them. It's incredibly scary because trade and cooperation has lead to peace, but what are we to do with a power who refuses to trade on equal terms, cooperate during a pandemic of it's own creation and who looks at it's geopolitical partnerships only in terms of how it benefits?

Good info here. I'll preface his background above the video since some of you dumbshits were cracking jokes like I am posting bro science....or maybe it's the lack of political agenda.

Peter Hotez, M.D., Ph.D. is Dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine and Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular Virology & Microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine where he is also the Director of the Texas Children’s Center for Vaccine Development (CVD) and Texas Children’s Hospital Endowed Chair of Tropical Pediatrics.

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Good info here. I'll preface his background above the video since some of you dumbshits were cracking jokes like I am posting bro science....or maybe it's the lack of political agenda.

Peter Hotez, M.D., Ph.D. is Dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine and Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular Virology & Microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine where he is also the Director of the Texas Children’s Center for Vaccine Development (CVD) and Texas Children’s Hospital Endowed Chair of Tropical Pediatrics.

Ill watch this at the gym later. Can you give a synopsis?

Comparing HydroxyChloroquine Trials 

A bunch of scientist talking geek.  But from what I could get from it.  The HydroxyChloroquine trial puts it in the category of no help to maybe some help in fighting Coronavirus.  To us that sounds bad, but to the geeks, it's great news.  

Also, the comment section for geeks is much more informative but not as entertaining as other comment sections.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

This is why CNN is such a trash news network. 

Chuck dipped extra hard into his black rhino powder today

I would guess one of the reasons they didn't carry Trump's campaign rally...I mean daily briefing...was that the first 45 minutes were devoted to....the drug war and trump bragging about his wall.

2 hours ago, red321 said:

This is absolutely much bigger than Trump. It's the entire US government, our supply chains, healthcare system, emergency preparedness...and it should go back years not just 2016.

Now, that doesn't mean this administration gets a pass, because that should be a huge part of the focus as well, especially what did they do with information early on, did they review response plans ahead of time, etc.

This administration should definitely not get a pass.

7 minutes ago, red321 said:

I would guess one of the reasons they didn't carry Trump's campaign rally...I mean daily briefing...was that the first 45 minutes were devoted to....the drug war and trump bragging about his wall.

The media is pissed at Trump because he is a moron.  They should be.

that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do their fricking job though.  At this point they should covering it even if only 1% of it is profitable 

some good news in all of this.

Carnival Cruise line told Trump, “We can match those big Navy hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships.”
GM & Ford said, “Hold our cars and watch this. We can make ventilators by next week where we were making cars.” James Dyson said. "We can do that, too."
Construction companies said, “Here are some of our masks, for the medical staff & doctors.”
Restaurants & schools said, “We’ve got kitchens and staff, We can feed the kids.”
NHL & NBA players are writing checks to pay the arena staff during postponed seasons.
Churches are holding online services and still taking care of their members and their communities.
Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers.
Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients.
We thought we couldn’t live without baseball, hockey, & NASCAR, or going to beaches, restaurants, or a bar. Instead, we’re ordering take-out to help keep businesses alive.
What they didn’t count on was America saying, “Hold my beer and watch this.”
Admiral Yamamoto may have said it best, in 1941: “I think we have awakened a sleeping giant.”
Give us a little more time and we will be doing much better! Stop listening to the hysterical media.
We are one nation. We just need to change the way we think!

12 minutes ago, red321 said:

Did he bring out the My Pillow guy again?

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

some good news in all of this.

Carnival Cruise line told Trump, “We can match those big Navy hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships.”
GM & Ford said, “Hold our cars and watch this. We can make ventilators by next week where we were making cars.” James Dyson said. "We can do that, too."
Construction companies said, “Here are some of our masks, for the medical staff & doctors.”
Restaurants & schools said, “We’ve got kitchens and staff, We can feed the kids.”
NHL & NBA players are writing checks to pay the arena staff during postponed seasons.
Churches are holding online services and still taking care of their members and their communities.
Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers.
Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients.
We thought we couldn’t live without baseball, hockey, & NASCAR, or going to beaches, restaurants, or a bar. Instead, we’re ordering take-out to help keep businesses alive.
What they didn’t count on was America saying, “Hold my beer and watch this.”
Admiral Yamamoto may have said it best, in 1941: “I think we have awakened a sleeping giant.”
Give us a little more time and we will be doing much better! Stop listening to the hysterical media.
We are one nation. We just need to change the way we think!

You got this off of Facebook, didn't you?