• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/490591-schiff-drafting-legislation-to-set-up-9-11-style-commission-to-review
Russia and impeachment didn’t work out so i was wondering what they would use next. Here it is. Losers 

Didn't we talk about this just the other day on the board? How this country has to have an independent, bipartisan, commission to look into what the fuck went wrong? 

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) is drafting legislation that would set up an independent commission that would investigate why the country was unprepared for the coronavirus pandemic. 

“After Pearl Harbor and 9/11, we looked at what went wrong to learn from our mistakes,” the House Intelligence Committee chairman said in a tweet. “Once we've recovered, we need a nonpartisan commission to review our response and how we can better prepare for the next pandemic.”

Schiff did not give specifics regarding when the legislation will be dropped, but suggested it would be after Congress finishes the task at hand: mulling a series of stimulus packages aimed at alleviating the economic impact of the pandemic. Sources familiar with the legislation told NBC News the legislation is "very preliminary."

We will need to delay the work of the commission until the crisis has abated to ensure that it does not interfere with the agencies that are leading the response,” Schiff told The Washington Post. “But that should not prevent us from beginning to identify where we got it wrong and how we can be prepared for the next pandemic.”

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

Didn't we talk about this just the other day on the board? How this country has to have an independent, bipartisan, commission to look into what the fuck went wrong? 

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) is drafting legislation that would set up an independent commission that would investigate why the country was unprepared for the coronavirus pandemic. 

“After Pearl Harbor and 9/11, we looked at what went wrong to learn from our mistakes,” the House Intelligence Committee chairman said in a tweet. “Once we've recovered, we need a nonpartisan commission to review our response and how we can better prepare for the next pandemic.”

Schiff did not give specifics regarding when the legislation will be dropped, but suggested it would be after Congress finishes the task at hand: mulling a series of stimulus packages aimed at alleviating the economic impact of the pandemic. Sources familiar with the legislation told NBC News the legislation is "very preliminary."

We will need to delay the work of the commission until the crisis has abated to ensure that it does not interfere with the agencies that are leading the response,” Schiff told The Washington Post. “But that should not prevent us from beginning to identify where we got it wrong and how we can be prepared for the next pandemic.”

They should look at what could be done better next time but the fact that Schiff is writing it up leads me to believe this is another attempt to nail Trump. I don't trust him

Edited by Jason

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

They should look at what could be done better next time but the fact that Schiff is writing it up leads me to believe this is another attempt to nail Trump. I don't trust him

This is really it.

If somehow Hillary had become president and the government response was identical to this, and Gowdy was calling for this I'm certain @red321 would have no issue with it.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Once we've recovered, we need a nonpartisan commission to review our response and how we can better prepare for the next pandemic."

Would you write it up any other way or is your concern that they might find out Trump fucked this whole thing up from the get go?

Reality is, any commission on this subject won't start until next year based on our current trajectory and then the fact that an election is coming up in November

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bug-eyed guy bad.

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This is really it.

If somehow Hillary had become president and the government response was identical to this, and Gowdy was calling for this I'm certain @red321 would have no issue with it.

I wouldn't

And if Hillary was president, I can unequivocally say the US response would not have been identical to this, because say what you want about her, she wasn't a carnival barking con man whose claim to fame was bankrupting his company....and even then I would say absolutely, they should hold an independent commission to review every step taken during this crisis, and the years leading up to this crisis - even if it went from 15 cases to 0 in a few days.

NONE OF THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FUCKING SURPRISE. Jesus christ..Experts have been warning us for decades. There have been movies about this for years. Books. The Government has run exercises and seen we were woefully unprepared...and then we get punched in the dick and wonder why our balls hurt.

Just now, angelinkc said:

Rumors starting to swirl the term corona death doesn’t mean what it once did. Die of a heart attack and a trace of corona equals corona death. Choke on a piece of steak while quarantined equals corona death. 

Then you should start getting better news sources than right wing media/websites or russian bots on twitter

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Has this guy done anything to help the American people? 

All he and his cronies do is attack the administration. 

Do something constructive and maybe people will start listening to you. 

He's cried wolf too many times. 

11 minutes ago, red321 said:

Then you should start getting better news sources than right wing media/websites or russian bots on twitter

Oh I am well rounded. I follow all news. That is why I said rumor. It won’t be fact until snopes Fact checks it or a homosexual confirms it on cable news. 

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/490591-schiff-drafting-legislation-to-set-up-9-11-style-commission-to-review
Russia and impeachment didn’t work out so i was wondering what they would use next. Here it is. Losers 

I think a lot will be focused on what New York did wrong.  

Just my theory.  But when this started, we quickly shut down China.  Anyone who was there should watch for symptoms, self quarantine, etc.  We stopped people from coming in from there.  Took temperatures of anyone coming from there and if they showed a fever quarantined them.  Even though it wasn't really affecting us.  And people were ok with it.  

What we did wrong is we didn't react fast enough to Italy.  Sure the president shut down Europe unexpectedly.  But we shut them down the day that the WHO declared a pandemic.  And still it wasn't the level as with China.  There wasn't an immediate, you traveled to China, you should quarantine yourself.  So the city with the biggest Italian population in the US probably went unchecked for a few days/weeks.  There wasn't temperature checks for anyone arriving from Europe.  There weren't quarantining of people.  We were focused on China and Asia, and didn't react that it was spreading quickly across Europe.  

There is a lot to be learned from this.  From what we should have done, to what we did wrong.  And a lot of it isn't the president, or congress, or governors, or mayors faults.  It's that we have a system in place, with procedures followed, that we thought was adequate, but now that the shit has hit the fan, it's been shown to have a lot of flaws.  My biggest concern is that like 911, we grossly overreact to fix it.

1 minute ago, angelinkc said:

Oh I am well rounded. I follow all news. That is why I said rumor. It won’t be fact until snopes Fact checks it or a homosexual confirms it on cable news. 

All the best news comes from homosexual news broadcasters.

6 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Damn not just news. As I was reading this a damn gay pretzel pop tart commercial came on. Went full gay lisp and all

Were there any instructions with the gay pretzel pop tart.  I would imagine you just pop it in the toaster but this seems a little more complicated. 

2 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Were there any instructions with the gay pretzel pop tart.  I would imagine you just pop it in the toaster but this seems a little more complicated. 

Lol I looked it up and i guess this is pop tarts new campaign. Shaped the same but I would have made them like a churro for their target audience 

1 minute ago, Fireball said:

You missed the step where you must insert another man's penis into one of your orifices before popping the Pop tart into the toaster.

Trump's feud with Obama continues.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/upshot/obamacare-markets-coronavirus-trump.html

The decision will not prevent Americans who recently lost their jobs from obtaining health insurance if they want it. Under current law, people who lose job-based insurance already qualify to enroll for health insurance on the marketplaces, but are required to provide proof that they lost their coverage. A special enrollment period would have made it easier for such people to enroll, because it would not require that paperwork. It also would have provided a new option for people who chose not to buy health insurance this year but want it now.

This is all done electronically, so it makes no sense to keep it closed.